Nano Cube hood removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badback

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone know if the design of the Nano Cube has been altered? I purchased mine last week and have been trying to remove the hood to mod the lighting but it won't budge. According to their instructions, all you have to do is push it forward but mine looks as though the hinges are sealed. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks! :?:

Where did you get instructions from them that had anything useful?

I was told the same thing, pull it forward. I hope it works, because I'm going to take it off today.

Yes, the hood comes off the hinges when pulled forward towards you. In the beginning, it'll be very tight until you do this several times. What would help is if you lift the front piece up so that you can have a better grip. Start with one side at a time. Take your right hand & use your thumb & fore finger to grip the left top front corner that has been exposed after you lifted the front flap of the hood. Now use your left hand & place your thumb on the back left top corner while using your fore & third finger to push the back left edge of the canopy while pulling the front left piece with your other hand.
Be careful how much you pull & push so that when the left hinge releases, you don't have so much momentum that you pull the hood to much to one side before the other side is released.
Do the same for the other side and wha-la!

It came off the first time I tried easier than I thought. What a pain in the butt to retrofit- when keeping the stock in as well.

Oh well, worth it, though. My bta perked up immediately!

Back
Top Bottom