Nano Pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is my 12gal. Deluxe Nanocube!

Inhabitants include 3 Scarlet Hermits, 5 Turbo snail, and 10 Nassarius snails, 2 urchins, and ... yeah I have a strawberry basslet in there

I was going to put her in my 29gal. but her striking color against everything in the tank is just unreal. She will be the only inhabitant until I move her over to the 29gal eventually, I know she needs more room than 12gal.

:D :D .... I called it a she! I guess because of the bright pinkinsh/purple color SHE carries.

Attachments

• p1010122_106.jpg
    p1010122_106.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 119
  • p1010121_136.jpg
    p1010121_136.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 90
  • p1010125.jpg
    p1010125.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 75
an someone tell me about these candy canes, the two most right polyps ... the one in front and the one directly behind it look pretty bad! I went to a different LFS this weekend and saw them ... they looked even worse at the store so I took them home with me and now their looking a little better. The polyps look like they have some deteioration?

Attachments

• p1010124.jpg
    p1010124.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 66
Brodie - if you see this, that green bunch of zoo's in the middle are my FAVE!!!! :D ... although when I took this picture they were being stubborn.
and I don't think the orange Rics like their spot. I want to give them some mroe time before moving them.

Here's another pic ...

Attachments

• p1010129.jpg
    p1010129.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 78
Thanks guys!

Anyone have an idea about those candy canes? I don't have a clue what is wrong with them and want to get them better!

Jermz

Looks like the tissue is receeding. RTN mayby? If It were me I would probably frag those 2 off and place them away from other corals just until you can see if they can be saved.

The tank looks Awesome!! :mrgreen: Nice aquascaping!

Thanks rev.

How do I go about fragging those two pieces off, the one in the front hasn't fully split from the other piece that looks good? if it is RTN will it spread to the other polyps? I got them for a real good price ... I told the guy that they looked bad and he agreed and gave them to me for $5 so I can't complain, but I want to try and save them!

Thanks for the aquascaping comment, to me it all looks so cluttered and out of place. I am such a perfectionist though!!!! :lol:

Take some cutters and cut the branching skeleton that connects the receding candy to the colony. I would go ahead a frag both off even though one has not totally split. Then you can place them somewhere away from the other corals. Be careful not to damage any of the healthy/nonhealthy peices when you frag. That is what I would do...

Oh BTW...All the other corals are doing fine I assume?

I bought a receding Bubble coral that was very large but was half gone. That was a few months ago and it is growing well now.

looks awesome man. like revhtree recommended frag off those weakening poyps and you should be good to go

Everything else is doing fine. Even the two polyps that look bad open up at night and extend their feeding tentacles ... they just don't look healthy.
I don't know if I will be able to frag those though, I'm a little worried about damaging the other ones!!!!!

What would be the worse case scenario if I didn't frag them off!!! If it would be a 50/50 shot of them living I might not take the chance, if they are for sure goners and taking the others with them then I will attempt it!!!! :( :( :(

Thanks

It's not hard to frag, but if you want to hold off, watch them and if they keep receding I would frag them....

Just think if you frag and they live then you will have 2 colonies! :mrgreen:

I know .. How cool would that be!!!

I'm just a bit leary of cutting into the one that hasn't split. What kind of cutter would I use to cut it? Frag it in the water or out of the water?

The one that has split how do I frag that, break it at the base or ....

majorly :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Oh what to do!?

Thanks

awesome rev ... thanks! I posted that pic in the sick coral forum to see if steve-s had any further information for me!!! OHHHHHH maybe I'll give it a try tonight when I get home! :wink:

I like your aquascaping, it looks natural. Sometimes I feel too many of us try to get too artistic and we miss the point. I am in that category as well! I obsessed for a week on the placement of the base rock that was buried under the sand, for ____ sake! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom