Nanocube cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I received my shipment of LR from Premium Aquatics last Friday and added it to my new nanocube. I got 20 lbs of Marshall/Fiji rock and 5 lbs of LR rubble. I think the 20 lbs is a little too much for this tank since there is very little room left for fish and corals, but I will deal with that later. By the way, the rock looks terrific!

My question is, Premium Aquatics claims their rock is cured. Also, I seeded two sponges in my 72G for a few days prior to receiving this rock. After the rock has been in there for 4 days, I have seen no signs of ammonia. Is it possible that I have enough bacteria in there between the rock and the seeded sponges that I won't really have a cycle and can add a fish soon? My parameters are:

pH - 8.1
Amm - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate < 5ppm
Salinity - 1.023

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!!!

tripper

I added 20lbs of fully cured gulf rock, dry sand, a shot glass of LS and a sponge from my 29gal. into my 12gal. JBJ and had no cycle at all.
I watched the params for a few days to make sure, but after that I added a fish and now have started adding corals! Unfortunately I also recieceved some BAD ISOPODS in my rock and had to move the fish to my 29gal. Everything else is doing great.

Thanks Jermz, I'll keep an eye on the params for a couple more days and then if everything still looks good I'll go ahead and add a fish! I have a perc in QT that is ready to go as soon as my tank is.

tripper

My boss bought a 24gallon nano cube and he has been very worried about it b/c a lot of the 24's are cracking for unknown reasons. So far besides that he loves it. he has about 35 to 40 lbs of LR in it also. I think its very crowded, but he likes it.

Back
Top Bottom