nanos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello. i have a 20gal with 15lbs LR, 18lbs LS, protein skimmer, 2 powerheads, a few hermits, one snail (goin to get more of each), and 2 perc clowns. i was just wondering how many on this site had nanos because i havent seen many post about them. ive had great success with mine.........

I have a 12gal nano-reef and love it. I am thinking of putting a 6gal in my new born son's nursery.

do you guys think its hard to keep? i have a 10 gallon and might wanna try somthing, or i have a 30 gallon that is free

I don't think it's really hard. As long as you have the money, time, and are into it then itll be "easy".

Try the 30 instead. itll save you the time and money of buying another bigger tank in the future and you'll be able to keep more fish in it.

I also have a 12 gallon cube! LOVE IT!!! More fun than a big tank ... in my opinion. The only downfall is once your to that limit there is not much else you can do with them except sitback and watch the growth.

We do need a Nano section, don't we?

yours sounds quite similar to mine, topic starter (not even gonna attempt that mouthfull of a screename). i have a pair of percs in a 15 gallon. (more details in my sig)
mushroom-036.jpg

3mo-027.jpg

i love it. i don't think it's too difficult. but it's definitely a challenge and a lot of fun. a lot of work, as well.

wow, thats pretty....what kind of hood/light is that? are those real plants?? i would love corals in mine, dont have any right now, waiting for the tank to be more mature (over 1 year). only about 5 months to go. i dont think its hard at all. the biggest thing with mine is the evaporation, but thats not so hard to keep up with. i love it.

My 29 is WAY easier to maint then the 75G. I have a 10G, but its QT w/LR/LS and a crab with a few shrooms in it. Love the pics btw!

vsnsofadrgn said:
wow, thats pretty....what kind of hood/light is that? are those real plants?? i would love corals in mine, dont have any right now, waiting for the tank to be more mature (over 1 year). only about 5 months to go. i dont think its hard at all. the biggest thing with mine is the evaporation, but thats not so hard to keep up with. i love it.
thanks. it's a coralife 20" 96 watt 50/50 aqualight. high quality light strip. i just wish i could control the actinics independently like the longer aqualights. and yeah they're real plants. it's a macro algae called Caulerpa Prolifera. my biggest problem is patience! but everything seems to be going good so far, despite some efforts to rush things.

do you mind if i ask where you got the hood??? i would really like one for my tank...

visionsofadragon

I have a 10g and I love it (all the fish I have gotten dont though lol), ANyways all my water params seem to be good and stable. Just make sure you give a little time everyday to make sure its ok. You have less error room with the small tanks. Oh and this was my first SW tank :)

And one of the things to also consider is that your fish selection becomes very limited around that size tank.

Back
Top Bottom