Need filtering help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just finished setting my my 26g bowfront. I used 40lbs of live sand that gave me a nice 4" DSB. I'm using the dsb in place of a large amount LR. I did do 10lbs of LR just so there is some sort of "something" in the tank. Have my heater , power head and my light. Thinking alright almost done......Then I got my new Fluval 205 canister filter, had everything set up right, started to prime, and BAM water everywhere. It started to leak from the locking clamps on the side. I thought to myself "it could be the o-ring".

So I pulled it out, took off the hoses and off to the bathtub (no more leaking on the carpet, wife got mad). To make a longer story short, no matter what I did it would not seal. Nothing worked. Now I have no filter ATM. I would like a canister filter, due to the fact that my foot print of the tank does not allow a sump, not even a 10g can fit down there.

Also an HOB is what I'm trying to get away from (their ugly) and I don't care for stuff hang off the back. I'm looking at getting another canister, a Marineland C-160 I'm hoping this doesn't have leaking issues as the Fluval. I've been using Marineland for 18yrs on my FW and trust them.

Now for the good part...... What do you all recommend for filtration on my 26g. My stock plan is..

x2 B&W Clowns
x1 Watchman
X1 Green Clown Goby
x1 cleaner shrimp
and CUC

Sorry for the long read, and I appreciate y'all taking the time to read.
Any advice will be greatly appreciate

Stay Salty,

Back
Top Bottom