New 2 gallon Nano Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfinatic89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I am about to start up a 2 gallon Nano tank and I'm having a hard time looking for a light that doesn't cost a bigillion dollars for it. Its a little tank so it's not gonna need a huge light. Do you guys have any opinions or options I could look at. I'm sure there are threads on here talking about lights already but I'm to lazy to look. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I want to support some beginners corals.. if such thing haha I have a light on it already for freshwater application but def not right kalvin rating or anything maybe something for a mini refugium

I've heard good things about Kessil for nano tanks. I haven't personally owned one but they are really good from what I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Skyye LED 8 watt, mad lights have actinic and daylight, have one on my 8 gallon nano reef and LPS corals grow like crazy but haven't tried SPS yet

Kessil

I've heard good things about Kessil for nano tanks. I haven't personally owned one but they are really good from what I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wish I could buy a Kessil I have seen allot of beautiful tanks with those on including planted freshwater. But unfortunately out of my price range for now.

Skyye LED 8 watt, mad lights have actinic and daylight, have one on my 8 gallon nano reef and LPS corals grow like crazy but haven't tried SPS yet

Thanks for the reply. I do like you can switch back and forth from the blue and day light. I am gonna read the reviews about this one. I didnt want one that was too cheap or anything that was allot of money. But for starters I am just looking into soft corals for now to see what I can keep alive lol

$110 isn't that cheap for a 2 gallon nano... But depends on what you see cheap as? For a bigger reef such as 38 gallon or even bigger $400 is pretty cheap but for a nano reef of 16 gallons and bellow then these lights are perfect

Yeah $100 is on the top side of the cheap spectrum when it comes to lights on a small nano lol but yeah something that's simple to me to start its my first saltwater so I'm just gonna take it slow for now but thanks for the info

A par30 from coral compulsion would be a good choice, should be enough for anything in a 2 gallon, and only $60ish I believe.

Nice I really like that you can change bulbs on the fly. But do you know of these bulbs will plug into regular desk light fixtures or are they only made for these goose neck fixture that available for them? Cause if so I like this setup

Something like this

Attachments

• 1412685210645.jpg
    1412685210645.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 68
Ya that will work if the hood around the light can come off, the heat sink on the bulb will melt the plastic and over heat the LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom