New 70l Nano - Green Algae Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As you can see I am having problems with my nano setup. It seems to be going Algae mad. Any ideas how to reduce it? I'm cleaning the glass every day but the sand looks awful. I am hoping to do an order for some different hermit crabs soon.

Attachments

• image-1310270416.jpg
    image-1310270416.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-4138493923.jpg
    image-4138493923.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 92
I thought it would be worse by your description. It doesn't look "that" bad... Have you tested for phosphates? Water change schedule? Over feeding?

How old is the tank? CUC ( clean up crew) will help but not solve where the issue is coming from.

Get to the root of the problem and stop it, not mask it.

I'd check your parameters first.

It's been set up for about a week now and yes I agree its not that bad but its rather annoying :)

I have just done a 10% water change which was the first.

The rock and sand are taken from my 4 foot tank so that is mature. The water also came from there along with the livestock.

One problem I have is there is no skimmer yet. I should have this tomorrow if it comes in the post. I am running a matured Interpet filter at the moment.

Checking now for phosphate

Oh wow! Bubble algae? If so get yourself a emerald crab or two. Water changes won't hurt either. I haven't seen anything like that before. Have you tried google?

Any pics I've found at green or red... That looks like air bubbles but no means am I an expert.

Back
Top Bottom