New additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got some new corals :) I think one is a Kenya tree and I'm not to sure what the other one is its bright green :) I will upload pics soon once I acclimate them to my tank :)

Nice (y). It's always fun getting new corals. What type is the green one (soft, LPS, SPS)?

It is fun getting them my wallet has other thoughts in that tho haha I got a feeling it might be SPS I think it's a green stylo

Yea they look awesome they only had 2 left so I grabbed the small one I like this store they actually drip acclimate all there fish and gave me a sheet on proper acclimation I'm there that often that I get almost everything discounted :)

Oh awesome. I don't know if it's a small store, but with the less known stores they're more negotiable which is great :D.

Yea it's a pretty big store they have over 100 tanks displayed and there the empty ones there are about 50-60 tanks with fish in them :)

Haha they got some cheap plain tanks for sale I'm thinking about getting one for a new reef there 20 gal tanks

Well I'm just using a $200 canon, but to get the actual color/detail, a $2000 would be best. Weird how my camera is a day behind, but I took this just 5 minutes ago.

img_2546267_0_3dff74592a63756c1a87ee359281ded8.jpg

Also known as Cat's Paw. Closed up a bit today for some reason.

img_2546267_1_f36f467ae756f8d94dbe078fc6abb83f.jpg

Not doing too well since it's fell into the sand twice. But it's always recovered fine.

It hasn't opened up yet but this is it and also could u give me an I'd on my other coral it has been bent over like that since I got it from the shop

Attachments

• image-1378680443.jpg
    image-1378680443.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-752842777.jpg
    image-752842777.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 50
Oh yeah pretty sure that's LPS. Not sure what type though. Does it open up more? The one on the right is a carnation coral. Hard to keep alive since they're non-photosynthetic. I have one that's still alive, but not doing too well. They require supreme water quality and phytoplankton, rotifers, or any small foods for nps corals.

Ohh yeah that's lps I'm pretty sure, but don't know what kind. Does it open up more? The one on the right is a carnation coral. They're hard to keep alive since they're non-photosynthetic. I have one and it's still alive, but not doing to well. They require supreme water quality and phytoplankton, rotifers, etc.

Edit: delayed post...ignore this one

All good so feeding it brine shrimp wouldn't keep it alive? It says on live aquaria that it need live brine shrimp and low light with high flow :/ might have to re home it it says it's for experts only

Back
Top Bottom