new biocube 14. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we got lucky :)
We started our Biocube last Saturday using only live rock, live sand and live water. Our levels are where they should be! Now we can get this show on the road! What to get first?

Still remember to give it another week or to gotta give the BB time to grow and mature. When adding your stock go very slowly, one fish every two weeks or so, this will allow your BB time to get used to every addition. Corals have a smaller bioload then fish do so you don't have to wait as long with them. You will notice slight ammonia spike everytime you add a fish. Patience is key in saltwater and if ya don't take your time bad things can happen.

Thanks, that's helpful. We decided to go with 3 tiny coral frags and a blood red cleaner shrimp.

image-4126133320.jpg

Pic with our 3 new corals and cleaner shrimp - it's hiding!

So I think I found it...pulsing Xenia? The first 24 hours it was fine and now it's not moving much. I fed the coral and it perked up slightly but is barely moving again. Any tips?

Yes it is a pulsing xenia. :). Really hardy corals and easy to care for. When you mean it stopped moving, you mean pulsing right? Another how did you acclimate them? They might just be getting used to our tank.

Back
Top Bottom