New clowns, getting stuck to filter HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James1990

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, just added two clowns to my month old 10gal set up. I dont want to over feed so how often should I feed them? I have the frozen brine shrimp but I have been using the pellets. The LFS told me twice a day but that sounds like a lot?

also, my ORA snowflake seems to get tired and stops swimming at night time, causing him to be dragged in by the filter. Though there seems to be no harm done with him resting on the filter slots, he swims unbalanced after but is fine the next morning. I'm loosing sleep over this as I paid 100$ for him lol for the moment I have been turning the filter off during the night.

What do you guys recommend? Is he sick? He eats about half the other clown does

Yes twice a day is a bit much (depending on the amount given). With two clowns I think i was feeding half a cube of mysis every other day. You could probably give a bit more.

The snowflake may be getting used to its environment. How are the levels in your tank? You can always get filter covers if you want.

Back
Top Bottom