New fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aliciasfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 26 gallon tank. I'm new to saltwater but things are going well. Tunze Nano Stream pump and live rock for filter.
Currently

Ricordea garden
2 Clarki Clowns
2yellow bellied damsels
CUC from an online supplier that multiplied like crazy
1 cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp

Additional coral and lighting on the way.

I had one more Damsel but it hasn't been seen since my son helped me with a water change. ?

Is there anything I can add to replace him, or was I already over bioload? Nitrates were up slighting but with a water change, everything is normal again. Yey or Ney?

I wouldn't add anything. Those clarkiis will get 6". Well the female will. The male will probably be 3-4".

They are so tiny now, I can't imagine them at 6 inches!

Right now I'm running t5HO lights from Coralife (I think that's the name)
with 48 3W LEDs

I'm replacing the LEDs to put them on a smaller tank with Current USA Orbit Marine LED Saltwater Reef Lighting System. I'll still run it with the T5s unless it too much. They apparently will work for everything but not proven for SPS yet.

Hmm how tall is the tank? If it's 16" or less a nem may be ok. It would have to be a bubble tip but it might be ok on a shallow tank

It's a tall tank but I have the water down to about 16in from the sand bed. I'm not sure how the space from the top of the tank to the water line causes the light to lose strength.
I wouldn't think much?

Might is scary. I don't want to hurt him. Maybe it's just more coral for me.

I would rather have the 48 3w LEDs than the orbit unit, especially if your thinking about a nem. Just my $.02

Yeah maybe try some easy sps pieces under it like birdsnest or montis and see how they do.

I think that it's a hybrid of both. Atleast that's how I interpreted it in the first post.
Edit: 7th post.

I used to run a DIY hybrid unit on the peninsula 40b that I sold, I really liked it

I was originally using the T5HO but I wanted LEDs to enhance my Rics. So I bought some and ran them. I was scared the LEDs weren't enough so I'd supplement a couple hours with my older lighting together. My Rics seem to be enjoying my little lighting combo so I just kept doing it. I rarely do it now.

I might try to the LED panels together but I worry that may be too much?

I've done a lot of reading on this combo and many people are also having great success. Maybe it's crazy, but my coral love it.

Back
Top Bottom