New fish disappeared!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaticlife32

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got two fire fish gobies in my 29 gallon biocube and when I woke up one of them was gone!

The other one I can see hiding but not this one so that is why I'm concerned. It is not hard to find them in my tank also.

Just finished cycling few weeks ago so just now starting to add fish and coral.

Dartfish are skittish fish. When I had them and couldn't find them, the first I do is check around the tank and in overflows. Skittish fish have a tendency to go carpet surfing, even through the best of lids at times. I would do this first as dartfish aren't known for burying themselves like wrasses will when stressed or sleeping. Eventually, you will see it swim out to eat if your fish are still alive.

Ok thanks man I have searched everywhere just hope he pops up,some time.

Do u have a cover? If not I'd check the floor around the tank because they are notorious jumpers and they will find the opening if it's there. I've had one jump out of my ten that only has about 2"x3" of An opening for my hob filter

Do u have a cover? If not I'd check the floor around the tank because they are notorious jumpers and they will find the opening if it's there. I've had one jump out of my ten that only has about 2"x3" of An opening for my hob filter

Very true. They can hide very well under rocks too though. Hope you still got them!

Weird I meant, also how do you get rid of a thread because I don't want to have this up much longer?

Weird I meant, also how do you get rid of a thread because I don't want to have this up much longer?

Got any cats or dogs that may have got it if it jumped? Hes probably jusy hiding very well. And what i mean by very well is when i seen them lift one single rock at the LFS there was 10 dartfish under it packed like sardines! No need to delete thread just unsubscribe from it. The mods may get rid of it when everyone is unsubscribed. Hope you find your fish. It may take a week for it to come out. If its dead, the CUC (worms, snails, crabs, etc...) will clean it up fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom