new nano no filter stocking levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time for an update - not overly exciting however except perhaps for me... A couple of days ago ammonia was down around 0.1ppm, nitrites 0 & nitrates around 10. Much better than the reading a few days prior.
Followed LFS advise and added a little bit of livestock/CUC (though purchased from the seemingly much more knowledgeable and not pushy or sales pitchy but further away LFS)
1 X strombus snail
1 X trochus snail
2 X (micro?) hermit crabs
Purple mushroom coral
Toxic Green Hammer

All seem to be loving life a couple of days in! Fed a little vitalis to make sure the crabs had plenty, and the snails are amazing at cleaning off the various algaes that are over the rocks, especially the trochus. All the mushrooms seem to have 'puffed' up with the largest appearing about double the height it was in the shop and the hammer seems to have spread around half a centimetre in radius, loving the AI primeHD.

Plenty of what I believe to feather dusters in the live rock - and unless suggested otherwise - I understand they are good guys?

Can't believe it took me so long to come over to the dark side of marine!

Update: added a couple of ocellaris clowns, palm tree coral and a bubble tip anemone. Anemone perched itself right where I didn't put or want it of course... Everything seems to be settling nicely with good parameters, plenty of hitchhikers to have fun looking for.

Was contemplating a coral beauty dwarf angel in a few weeks, though I also haven't finished adding corals of course so not sure yet. Does anyone have any advice on bristleworm eating fish that won't jump out (open top tank)? I've read that six line wrasse can become aggressive down the track. I also couldn't find anywhere with firm information about Bicolour Dottyback and ocellaris compatibility or whether they were jumpers and were preferred to be kept on their own. Any experience with either?

Bristleworm not a problem, just keen to have some feigned control over a potential issue down the track...[emoji849] Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom