New nano reef questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HalfMoon B

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just picked up a 5 gallon all in one tank that I will be using as a pico for some rock flower anemone and sexy shrimp. My question is, what corals would be okay with a small LED fixture and the neme. And what fish could coexist (if any?)
I already have several small prices of Fiji rock that I will be transferring from my 90 reef, so cycling isn't an issue, thankfully!

Your tank is too small for all that. If you're gonna do a Nem then you need an established tank at least 6 months old. In a tank that small with corals your nem will sting them and likely walk all over them. I'd say get a chromis or two and add some Zoa's to start out with. Good Luck and stick with it.

Exactly why I was looking at a rock flower neme. Low light requirements, they typically stay in the sand bed, and also stay small. I wouldn't want to put a chromis in a tank that small either. I have several that are over 3.5 inches in my 90...

Not sure how much luck you would have but pulsing xienia is a good easy coral although most dont seem to enjoy it because of its potential of taking over a tank, But as for the lights these grow like weeds so i imagine with lesser lighting they would do moderatly well
Really depends on what type of light u have exactly
But as the above comment states, Zoas are small and also another relativly easy coral

Stuck with softies in general. Easy, hardy and and most don't need to be target fed.

I have a small LED canon. I was trying to stay away from zenias or anything else too invasive...

I have a small LED canon. I was trying to stay away from zenias or anything else too invasive...

I wouldn't go with xenias. Mushrooms, zoas, Kenya trees, toadstools, and leathers are all softies. Many choices to choose from

I have a rock flower anemone in my five gallons tank, and it's really happy finally found it place and do not move anymore . Also i have some other corals and they are living peaceful.

I have a rock flower anemone in my five gallons tank, and it's really happy finally found it place and do not move anymore . Also i have some other corals and they are living peaceful.

Zero lake, what is your lighting? What other corals do you have?
Filter setup?
I would love to see it!

Zero lake, what is your lighting? What other corals do you have?
Filter setup?
I would love to see it!

Hello there!! My light is a kessil led 150w ocean blue! My coral are some frags like , 3 frags of zoanthids , acans , duncans, mini maxi anemone, my rock flower anemone, and my recently addition a dollar coin size red bubble tip anemone, that one i will keep it until my 30 gallons is ready to put it there!. Yeah i will share some pictures ! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom