New tank just set it up cube 12 first saltwAter tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks I worked hard on it but the part I think is the hardest is picking the rocks the shapes u want and the look lol I liked how I had it before but I didn't have much sand bed room to put frags when I get ready for em!! We'll I ordered the taotronics will be here on Wednesday can't wait!!

More pics can't get enough of em!!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394511178.585907.jpg
Does any one know what that purple stuff is it's spongy if u touch it??

I ran mine at 79° it cycled in 10 days. I'm not saying yours will be that fast but try 79° and do your water tests often.

Temp doesn't really affect the cycle. Just keep it from 78-82 like you would for fish.

@10g_Nano. That's not gonna happen all the time. You simply got lucky. Your tank also had less it had to cycle. The odds of your cycle being fully complete are low, because you still had nitrates to remove.

Ok 5 day for my tank and I've had a shrimp in for 3 days my ammonia is about 4 ppm and nitrite nitrate still at 0 is that normal?

Sounds about right (cycles def vary.) I'm sure you already know but once the ammonia starts dropping, nitrite will spike.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394672937.781190.jpg
Got my taotronics love em I got them all the way on low they are so bright!! I made a mount still got to paint it!!

Your tank looks amazing! Lol you don't even need corals looks fine as it is with those lights :)

Wish I could get lights like that... Too expensive for now.

Thanks appreciate it it was pretty expensive but I knew I would be happy if I just went with these everyone had really good things to say about them!! Very very very bright I have them all the way turned down!!

Wow! Didn't know you could turn them up/down. That's pretty sweet!... you can adjust for corals and things which I imagine would be very handy.

Back
Top Bottom