New tank just set it up cube 12 first saltwAter tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deckaman225

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394250170.273339.jpg
Got my first SW tank all set up put my live rock in had som hitchhikers two emerald crabs and a snail hope they make it through the cycle!!

Nice build! I like your LR. Btw, are those returns supposed to be so long? Just look a little longer than I've seen.

I'll be following along :)

I don't know lol they just came that way so I put em on its kinda blowin my sand around a bit but I guess that's normal I am gonna get a korilia 240 power head to put in there too cuz there is some dead spots I will get it figured out it turned out real nice thx for the reply!!

They were the hitchhiker wat do I do with them I don't want them to die when I start the cycle? Would the lfs take them back

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394316028.005056.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394316061.179735.jpg
I added another 4 lb of LR know I have a total of 11 lb and 10 lb of sand!!

I'm gonna have some soft corals zoanthids and some others I'm gonna get a goby shrimp pair or some dotty backs and mabe purple firefiah they are pretty cool So prolly two mabe three fish a shrimp some snails and a bunch of coral!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394326371.834216.jpg
Is this ok to dose my tank to get cycle started here are ingredients ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394326446.204114.jpg
If so how much should I use 12 gal tank??

I've read on multiple occasions to not use ammonia with surfactant, I'd try and find 100% pure ammonia (I hear ACE hardware carries it) or just throw in a raw shrimp and let it decompose.

Looking good with the moonlights man. Btw, I used brine shrimp to cycle my tank, but I'm sure a whole shrimp will be more efficient for your tank.

This is the light that's 6000k right? Based on my knowledge, that particular light is FW only because of the kelvin level and wattage. In general, SW lights don't focus on lumens (brightness) as much as intensity and type,

Back
Top Bottom