New ten gallon nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok ok basically the same way I do it and what lights are you running? Sorry if this was mentioned already.

Ah nice no need worrying about replacing the bulbs I believe its something like 7watts per gallon required for most any coral. But anyway keep us posted when you get the new additions and if any further questions arise in the future don't hesitate to ask

He eats fish.. Even ones hed not supposed to.. My bros chromis found out the hard way u stay in your water column;)

He is talking about his brothers Mantis Shrimp look them up they are pretty cool! Insane predators some have like spears on their hands to hunt fish while others have more club like appendages used to smash hard shells I believe the force of there punch can match the firing of a .22 caliber pistol and is so fast it creates a miniature sonic boom, what else is in your brothers tank with him? I would love one but have this tendency to put my hands in my tank alot. They are quite something tho.

I've seen them before yeah I read online that sometimes they kill fish and I don't won't that!

Keeps mikey by himself... Had another but sold him..2nd one ate a chromis...

That and snails and a clown fish my first salt water fish ever

Ouu 0.0 just get or are they in your tank already? Take some pics when everyone gets adjusted

I probably won't take pics tell saturday cause I'm going to but coral too!!

Hmm your tank has only been up for a little over a month and your adding coral? Might be more advisable to wait awhile longer but if your set on it make sure your lights are correct and start with something hardy like shrooms or some other softies no hard corals like acros for now. Make sure to research your interests before going in you dont want to walk out of the lfs with something an expert could not keep alive for 6months let alone a beginner. When it comes to corals ignorance is far from bliss :p btw what kind of clown did you purchase?

If you add easy corals you'll be fine. I added mushrooms and a GSP right after my tank cycled and I had fish. You'll be fine. Just go slow and add the easier corals first. Don't jump into nems or anything.

Be smart, start slow and I see no reason why you can't start adding corals.

Of course this is my opinion but my tank has been fine for over a year (y)

Ok thx do u think green star polyps, feather duster, kenia tree and a Xenia. Are a good start? I really won't all!

Sorry to hijack but what kind of nem would do well in a 10gallon? I looked everywhere for information on this but have yet to find an substantial amount of information to go on. I do have 2 in my 10 right now but they are small an all my crabs back lol

Ok thx do u think green star polyps, feather duster, kenia tree and a Xenia. Are a good start? I really won't all!

Those are all good choices IMO.

Sorry to hijack but what kind of nem would do well in a 10gallon? I looked everywhere for information on this but have yet to find an substantial amount of information to go on. I do have 2 in my 10 right now but they are small an all my crabs back lol

A nem needs a well established tank. And very intense lighting. And most will advise that 20 gallons and up for a anemone.

Back
Top Bottom