New to coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvsfx

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-1071525542.jpg

image-228527884.jpg

Hello i got sum mushrooms today for my tank they were pretty cheap for a fair sized colony, just wanted to make this thread so i can get help for when my questions arise. Like how is my placement? At the store they were just at the bottom in the substrate but my lack of room forbids me against this, so they were placed where they are for now, my pump is fairly strong so i placed at the opposite end out of direct flow. Any advice , tips or just personal opinions are appreciated thanks all

I think it's a nice piece .... Shrooms don't need a lot of light so keep that in mind when you place them. Low flow is fine for most species in my experience.

It looks like you have a few other corals on that rock. Was that rock part of the colony you purchased?

Ok thanks, and yes the all the mushrooms came on the rock, one shroom seems a little shrivled but i think that may have been like that when i purchased because the rest are pretty open. I also noticed a polyp wedged inbetween two mushrooms that looks a little diffirent But seems alright, mushrooms dont sting i take it?

Back
Top Bottom