(New To Fishkeeping)New Biocube 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just do regular water changes and clean the glass. I have an "intank" brand media rack so I change out my filter media maybe once every 4 months. I use chemipure elite, purigen and a filter floss square on top. The filter floss gets changed every few days or when it gets gunky with crud.
I also usaully run an aquaticlife skimmer, much better than the bicoube ones, they are crap pretty much.
I dont muck with my sand, I have a powerhead that keeps all the poop and other stuff flowing so that there is nothing on the sand or under it.

I just do regular water changes and clean the glass. I have an "intank" brand media rack so I change out my filter media maybe once every 4 months. I use chemipure elite, purigen and a filter floss square on top. The filter floss gets changed every few days or when it gets gunky with crud.
I also usaully run an aquaticlife skimmer, much better than the bicoube ones, they are crap pretty much.
I dont muck with my sand, I have a powerhead that keeps all the poop and other stuff flowing so that there is nothing on the sand or under it.

Ah, thanks! I forgot to ask: what is a power head?

A power head is just a pump that creates water flow in the tank which helps with filtration, exercise for fish, and helps some corals. They also help clean up any things on the sand by blowing it away. As for a clean up crew I can tell you the general inverts I would add. Nassarius snails will keep your live sand aerated and healthy and I'd get 10 or more of those. Margarita snails will help eat basic nuisance algae off your rocks and glass and about 8 or more would be fine. Scarlet reef hermit crabs also will do about the same things as the margarita snail but can get harder to reach places about 8 would be fine. An emerald crab will eat any bubble algae and other algae a inside your rocks and you only need one of them. A scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp will clean the fish from parasites and they do a wonderful job as I have some in one of my tanks 1 of them is perfect. I also have all the others I have listed and they do a good job. As for the blood red fire shrimp I have two of them as well. They are classified as cleaner shrimp but they do not really clean the fish well at all if ever. They also hide all day long until you feed them and if you are lucky they will come out real quick.overall I would not recommend them but it's your choice. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! Also peppermint shrimp will eat any small aptasia which are a nuisance anenome. Sorry probably spelt multiple words wrong there.

A power head is just a pump that creates water flow in the tank which helps with filtration, exercise for fish, and helps some corals. They also help clean up any things on the sand by blowing it away. As for a clean up crew I can tell you the general inverts I would add. Nassarius snails will keep your live sand aerated and healthy and I'd get 10 or more of those. Margarita snails will help eat basic nuisance algae off your rocks and glass and about 8 or more would be fine. Scarlet reef hermit crabs also will do about the same things as the margarita snail but can get harder to reach places about 8 would be fine. An emerald crab will eat any bubble algae and other algae a inside your rocks and you only need one of them. A scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp will clean the fish from parasites and they do a wonderful job as I have some in one of my tanks 1 of them is perfect. I also have all the others I have listed and they do a good job. As for the blood red fire shrimp I have two of them as well. They are classified as cleaner shrimp but they do not really clean the fish well at all if ever. They also hide all day long until you feed them and if you are lucky they will come out real quick.overall I would not recommend them but it's your choice. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! Also peppermint shrimp will eat any small aptasia which are a nuisance anenome. Sorry probably spelt multiple words wrong there.

Oh, thanks so much! That was definitely one of the most helpful answers I have ever read. It answered quite a bit. Are the majority of corals safe with the majority of fish, or is there a lot of compatibility like fish? I assume I now the answers, but I'm just clarifying.
I apologize for not answering sooner. Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you too! Also I am pretty sure most corals and fish get along I have never heard anything bad happen sooo ya. Carpet anenomes have been known to kill fish though.

Hello! I have a new thread for this topic, so if you'd like to answer a few questions there, be my guest! I'm planning to take the weekend for the tank and fill it up, clean it, get live rock, get a few extra items, etc. So answers are appreciated! Thanks again!

I finally got my first livestock: 2 Occelaris clowns, an emerald crab, and 6 turbo snails! What next?

Back
Top Bottom