New to reef tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbailey92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm starting a 10g reef tank and need some help with corals. I have low light and was wondering what are some good easy corals I could get and how many corals should I put in a 10g? Thanks

1 fluval 14w nano marine led. Everything says it's not enough light to grow corals but I've seen corals grow fine with it

It looks like it could handle some softies, but I would say not as much in a 10g. On a 5 this light would be more suited for coral is my guess.

I may be wrong though! Hopefully someone with experience with this light will chime in.

I've seen this light do well with most softies. It's a 10g cube so the spread covers the whole tank. I just don't know to much about corals. I'm very experienced in planted freshwater and it's very similar I just don't know the individual corals and how they interact with each other. I've heard they will fight each other and stuff. I just want a list of good hardy corals.

Back
Top Bottom