Nice one! I came home to find my emerald crab munching on my £40 torch coral !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ill get a pic for you, I may be wrong about the name. It's closed up for the evening at the mo. the sweeper is thin as silk and waves about in the water column.

image-370086426.jpg

Here's the full picture, it's the green one at the bottom / centre

That appears to be a tracyphyllia. I've never seen one with sweepers. I suppose any coral has the potential to kill another though, and since i've never experienced the 2 in close proximity, I don't know the outcome. I wouldn't rule it out though. LPS are nasty to other corals. Just keep them at a good distance.

Too late now, just got home to find nothing left of the torch, never mind, it's fish shop Saturday in the morning :)

Well I've learned a bit by reading this thread, once again thanks Mr.X!!! Lee your tank looks great sorry about the torch. Note to self: purchase iodine to dip all corals prior to addition.

Sorry about your torch.

I know how you feel right about now. I've almost lost my hammer in the last few days, down to one head now. No chance of another coral stinging mine though, however, I am starting to wonder if mine has been declining because of BJD as well. I've done a lot of reading because of that, it certainly is a nasty disease.

Also, I have a trachy that looks identical to yours. They're nice! :)

I haven't haven't seen sweepers on mine, just feeders. Thats interesting.

It seems my sweepers are Ctenophora called coeloplana astericola, aka comb jelly.
They appear to be harmless

Back
Top Bottom