Nicks 37 Gallon Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikachu0315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I am new to the fish keeping hobby! Right now I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank, but I have really been wanting to get a nano reef. I'm going to get a 37 gallon tank on April 1st, and I was wondering if I would be able to convert it into a awesome reef tank. I have been reading about reef and nano reefs for a while and I know starting out kinda small will be harder , but I don't be lazy on water changes and everything else. So what do you guys think? Is it possible? Thanks Evansimp for Inspiring me!!!
Everyone subscribe to Evans 20 gallon nano reef!

Even though I'm getting it next Monday I got a awesome deal on everything. The tank is 37 gallons never been used! For 60$ also Im getting 10 pounds of tonga branch live rock with 5 pounds of pukani live rock for 10$. Is this a good deal? Is tonga and pukani live rock rare?

That's a good deal on the rock but if it's used I'd ask the person selling it if he used copper or other fish medicines on the tank that had the rock in it. Just to be safe. It's probably fine though.

I'm sure you know but, getting the tank is the easy part. It's the filters, lights, pumps, RO water, hydrometer, and other equipment that can be harder to get right. You can always ask us to help you decide on what to buy before you make a decision on some of that stuff. There's a lot of bad advice in pet shops. Well try to help you out once you're ready to outfit your new tank. By the way, what are the dimensions of the tank?

That's a good deal on the rock but if it's used I'd ask the person selling it if he used copper or other fish medicines on the tank that had the rock in it. Just to be safe. It's probably fine though.

I'm sure you know but, getting the tank is the easy part. It's the filters, lights, pumps, RO water, hydrometer, and other equipment that can be harder to get right. You can always ask us to help you decide on what to buy before you make a decision on some of that stuff. There's a lot of bad advice in pet shops. Well try to help you out once you're ready to outfit your new tank. By the way, what are the dimensions of the tank?

Don't worry I already made a check list is all this i need no sumps or reactors.

Attachments

• image-1810115952.jpg
    image-1810115952.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1593901570.jpg
    image-1593901570.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1901600625.jpg
    image-1901600625.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 101
It looks like you're going to make the water with salt, tap water and dechlorinator. That's not good, there's a lot of phosphates in tap water that will give you lots of problems. The water needs to be RO/DI water you make yourself or you buy from lfs, or buy seawater from lfs. You can buy a filter that makes RO/DI out of tap water but more $, or you can use distilled water plus salt mix.

So guys this is my stock and the order I'm putting them in. Any questions comments

Attachments

• image-1210978053.jpg
    image-1210978053.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 122
So guys this is my stock and the order I'm putting them in. Any questions comments

Here are some good links for you to check out.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/cycle-your-salt-tank/

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

Please research all your livestock on this site.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15&pcatid=15

If I'm reading your stocking list correctly you want about 9 fish. That will be too many IMO. I have 6 in my 35, you don't want too large of a bio load on that size tank. Also the clams will need very high lighting, minimum of 5 watts / gallon. If I'm not mistaken. Someone correct me if I am as I do not have any clams. Wait at least 6 months to add any sand sifting starfish as they need an established tank and are prone to starvation in home aquariums. Feather dusters are sensitive also and you should wait until your tank is stable and your parameters aren't fluctuating.

I looked up my stock and took out the two pj cardinals I checked aqadvisor they said okay my new plan

yellow watchman goby pistol shrimp pAir,

clown jester goby,

Fire fish

2 occelaris clowns

1 royal gramma

2 feather dusters

Clown goby

Back
Top Bottom