Nuvo 30 gallons!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers!!

Tonight I finished to set up my 30 gallons Nuvo System, I've waited so long to purchased and decided if get the 30 or the 38, but I choose the 30 gallons. Hehe well my budged was a little to low so that was i finally get. Right now to start the cycle y add just few rocks that I was keep it from another aquarium. I hope to hear some tips or anything to update this set up. Everything is welcome thank you reefers..

Attachments

• image-4189910747.jpg
    image-4189910747.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 243
  • image-1815403529.jpg
    image-1815403529.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 268
  • image-3030989251.jpg
    image-3030989251.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 199
I really like the center rock work. Looks good! What kind of lights are those?

Hey thank you buddy!! Is just to start the cycle. I want to add more live rock i'm looking for the Florida live rock soon, the light is just the Par 38 from Ecoxotic just to give light to the rocks. But i am planning to change that light from my other aquarium is a kessil 150w ocean blue. Once the cycle is finished i'll change the few corals that i have from the other aquarium and the light too. Thank you very much

This simple set up, is only about 18lbs of live rock now. I want to add some of Florida live rock to make a amazing environment for my corals and fishes, does anybody have a IM micro 30 gallons? I will like to know if you had any problems with cloudy water. Also I'm trying to use couple of this InTank media baskets and a fuge basket to add a little refugium to my set up. Does anybody uses this media baskets before?? Tonight I check the water for the very first time and this was the parameters.
Ammo 4.0 ppm
Ph 7.4
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm

And also I made the first 5 gallons water change, nothing to dose the water yet, I will like to know what type of cleaner crew I could add to maintain this size of aquarium. I'm looking to build a nice reef with lots of corals softies and maybe couple of hard ones, and also just maybe a couple pairs of clownfishes or another easy to take care fishes my priority will be the corals and inverts such a bubble tips anemone, I saw a very rare color of BTA I don't remember the name but was very cool , the price a little to high but i might think that it worth it!! Ok reefers thank you for read me !! Have a great night !!

This simple set up, is only about 18lbs of live rock now. I want to add some of Florida live rock to make a amazing environment for my corals and fishes, does anybody have a IM micro 30 gallons? I will like to know if you had any problems with cloudy water. Also I'm trying to use couple of this InTank media baskets and a fuge basket to add a little refugium to my set up. Does anybody uses this media baskets before?? Tonight I check the water for the very first time and this was the parameters.
Ammo 4.0 ppm
Ph 7.4
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm

And also I made the first 5 gallons water change, nothing to dose the water yet, I will like to know what type of cleaner crew I could add to maintain this size of aquarium. I'm looking to build a nice reef with lots of corals softies and maybe couple of hard ones, and also just maybe a couple pairs of clownfishes or another easy to take care fishes my priority will be the corals and inverts such a bubble tips anemone, I saw a very rare color of BTA I don't remember the name but was very cool , the price a little to high but i might think that it worth it!! Ok reefers thank you for read me !! Have a great night !!

Good deal. But I don't know if you were getting into any hard corals or sps but I have few that makes any tank look great, as for fish always get a six line! Those guys are just good to have in any reef tank!

I have an iM 30 and love it. I have an intank media basket with filter floss, chemipure elite and purigen. I use one of their stock media baskets and behind it a refugium with chaeto and mangroves. An IM aquagadget skimmer rounds out the filtration. The spinner on the return has worked great for me too. I change 5gal every other week. Manual top off and I squirt in b-ionic every day. My light is an AI nano sol blue and I have an mp10 and 2 koralias. Everything is thriving including 1 sps. My tank looks super healthy. Good luck!

I had an IM Nuvo 16 that I just upgraded to a Nuvo 38 (long story, but the 16 was a lemon and the owner of IM made it right with me). I have the spin streams, a Hydor Slim Skim skimmer (the IM one is garbage). I have the stock baskets with purigen and chemipure elite. The stock lighting is not good IMHO. I dumped them (sold on ebay) and bought the new Acan 300 series lighting. The stock lighting makes the water "look" cloudy. I also just bought a very good hang on back UV sterilizer yesterday, that has cleared up the water tremendously. As far as fish, I have a nice bonded pair of Gold Flake Maron clowns, a pair if Lubock Wrasse's, a springeri and fridmani dotty back and (i've vome to find out) a rare kind of watchmen goby with tiger pistol shrimp. The lighting and skimmer opinions are just mine, you may have better luck.

My favorite pieces of equipment are my AI light and my mp10. I just got an aquatop uv sterilizer which I haven't put on yet. Honestly I think the best thing for the tank is water changes and in our nanos it's a big percentage, and wringing out the filter floss. That being said I do like all the gadgets.

Hello everybody!!

Today I received my delivery of few Items for my Nuvo 30 Gallons. I got running the skinmate skimmer with a lots of micro bubbles in all my tank, well I may think that is the process of breaking down! Also I have the mini max reactor but I don't gonna use it yet because i'm waiting to receive the InTank media baskets, and I need to see where it will fit. Another thing is what i could use to have a excellent water quality, I dont know to much about GFO or Bio Pellets or anything else to get a water quality. And also i got the spin stream , is not to bad!! Ok reefers I hope to hear news to all of you!! Thank you

Hello everybody!!

Today I received my delivery of few Items for my Nuvo 30 Gallons. I got running the skinmate skimmer with a lots of micro bubbles in all my tank, well I may think that is the process of breaking down! Also I have the mini max reactor but I don't gonna use it yet because i'm waiting to receive the InTank media baskets, and I need to see where it will fit. Another thing is what i could use to have a excellent water quality, I dont know to much about GFO or Bio Pellets or anything else to get a water quality. And also i got the spin stream , is not to bad!! Ok reefers I hope to hear news to all of you!! Thank you

Ditch the skimmer. Those micro bubbles are never going to go away and when you think they did, they will come back. It's a POS in my opinion.

THAT skimmer. Not any skimmer. That one is a POS and the OP is going to have a struggle.

What means "POS" and "OP"! I search info about the skimmer and 75% o the people doesn't have any issue with it, to them works perfectly. So what about to use purigen and chemi pure, i've never used those before I hear good points about it, but I will like to research a liittle more of them. Another thing if what I could use in the tank like GFO or Bio Pellets , or may be Carbon Media! Also when I get my media baskets I will add a little refugium on the filtration system on the back, with some live rocks and maybe some chaeto with a small submersible light that helps to grow up the chaeto, and also try to let them turn on when the main light goes off to keep in a good range the PH. Well that's what I've been reading, to be honest I never use a refugium before I don't know if that is correct if I'm wrong what is the best way to do it!

Does anybody have using the rock called Florida Live rock!! I've been searching info about it and is a little expensive but looks so Natural and gives a perfect natural environment to the aquarium! I will like i somebody is using it could give me some more information about it!! Thank you very much reefers.. Good night to all of you!

Back
Top Bottom