Nuvo fusion peninsula 20 log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright guys here’s where I’m at.
I have a cycled tank, it’s pretty new but is fully cycled. Ammonia @ 2ppm is zero with zero nitrites and converting to nitrates no issue.
23lbs of love rock (22-25, I only weighed some, I wanted a lot to build a busy but not cramped reef.
The lighting is the current marine orbit IC pro setup. 2 light bars, set mostly near the center, and it controls my Wavemaker, lights, and eventually a dc return pump all from my phone. They aren’t bad all it would seem.

So for livestock, it’s got 2 small paired maroon clowns (they will go into my second tank I’ll be starting once this one is on cruise control mode.
I have current 2 astrea snails, 2 small turbos, 1 blue Cortez hermit (and tons of shells for him) and a coral banded shrimp.
For the cool stuff I have an ora orange zoa frag, a purple hammer coral, some gsp, and some sort of mystery chalice I ended up getting for free.

Want mostly lps, another hammer, and a solid zoa garden.
I’ll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

I’ve had freshwater planted tanks but never salt so it’s a journey for sure lol.

You should be fine with the hammer, but that lighting won't keep much more of that photo synthetically. They are pretty weak in general.

Mid to low light corals is all I’m after for now. I have a dual 30” t5 fixture that can fit on there with the leds lol

T5 won't give out much more light, as we use T5HO for coral growth, but those LEDs with the T5 fixture should put out enough PUR for them. I'd hook it up and call it a day.

Then you should definitely add that to the system. It will be of great benefit.

Going to work on a 3d printed mount so I can add the leds on either side of the t5ho fixture, but I’m worried that plus the leds would be too much light, the zoas are already kinda squished looking (maybe that’s normal) and the hammer and gsp look great.

Zoas shouldn't be reaching for light, they usually are close to the rock. This won't be anywhere close to too much light for them. Mine are under much more intense LED lighting currently than what you'd be getting out of that type of LED and two TH5O bulbs. Anyone that keeps SPS reaches for that goal and many that run mixed reef tanks keep both under that type of intense lighting. You shouldn't have any worries.

I have the same lights on the same tank full of thriving lps and soft corals. The 20 long is shallow enough that you don’t need anything crazy to grow stuff. Great tank! Looks awesome [emoji4]

I have the same lights on the same tank full of thriving lps and soft corals. The 20 long is shallow enough that you don’t need anything crazy to grow stuff. Great tank! Looks awesome [emoji4]

Have any threads of your build up?
So far it’s doing great, I’ll have to update the pictures.
Cut my first zoa and got it on a new
Frag with a few heads and it’s doing great.
My hammer and gsp are also loving the light.
Good to see other people using this light, I was hesitant but figured worst case it would grow freshwater plants and i love the phone connection as well as tying all my pumps and lights to a single app

IMG_9956.jpg
Current tank shot, pretty all diatom algae is gone, my full cuc is in (waited on the nassarius snails so there would be food)
And now it’s just adding corals.

I currently have the hammer, gsp, some sort of chalice, and the zoas which if successfully fragged 2 polyps onto a new surface.

This week picking up some green candy canes, a blue mushroom, and likely another hammer (5$ each why not lol)
Really want a mini maxi carpet but not sure if that’s something I should wait on?
My lights and water flow would be adequate for one, and parameters are holding strong

Mini maxi's have a lower light level requirement than most anemone, which need intense lighting to survive. The question would come down to how many t5HO bulbs you are putting over the tank, as I think that was something we discussed earlier?

Mini maxi's have a lower light level requirement than most anemone, which need intense lighting to survive. The question would come down to how many t5HO bulbs you are putting over the tank, as I think that was something we discussed earlier?

As of right now the t5ho is collecting dust, if I don’t need it I don’t wana crowed the tank.
Essentially it’s
There is the lights I have won’t keep up with what I need, but if a carpet needs more light, I can put them on.

You'll definitely need more light if you want to keep anything that has higher photosynthetic needs.

I do realize that, but low to medium lighting for a mini carpet, this light should do more than enough, and that’s at the bottom to middle of my tank. This would be the highest light requirement coral I’m doing, just more hammers and zoas from here on out.
I just don’t want to clutter my tank if I don’t have to with tons of electronics

I do realize that, but low to medium lighting for a mini carpet, this light should do more than enough, and that’s at the bottom to middle of my tank. This would be the highest light requirement coral I’m doing, just more hammers and zoas from here on out.
I just don’t want to clutter my tank if I don’t have to with tons of electronics

IMG_9964.jpg

Starting to open up, did a long acclimation process but figured it was worth going slow with this guy.
Has a super cool random white spots pattern with dark red. Can’t wait I’ll it gets comfortable. Lighting dropped to acclimation levels for a bit until it gets used to the leds, it was under t5’s but posted out in the shade of some rock work.

Found him here starting to open up. Still not very happy but a super cool mini, the random white spots are neat, couldn’t get very good blue light 3A3EEF6C-A83D-47CF-AEEA-8A67BA6FD329.jpg92BBFCB2-9200-4A5D-B835-ABD89857256D.jpg photos but it’s cool

The white spots are dying tissue and I agree with hank that your lighting is inadequate for an anemone and the system is to new. Good luck though, I’ve always enjoyed carpets and rfa’s

The white spots are dying tissue and I agree with hank that your lighting is inadequate for an anemone and the system is to new. Good luck though, I’ve always enjoyed carpets and rfa’s

Shoot! I thought that was just a cool spot, that’s how it came in at the lfs.
I can go ahead and throw the t5ho strip on there and start planning a rig for the leds +t5ho

Anything I can do to maximize the chance of it surviving? Should I wait on mysis shrimp feeding for a week or so and let it calm down?

Back
Top Bottom