Oceanic BioCube 8 gallon nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries I am just picking on ya it is far to cold to get stuff here just yet but if you see another and it is a good price PM me I may have you get it for me if that is possible

The store has others, Sadie... although not as colorful as mine (I get first picks hehe). But they are still cool, and the rock they are on is a little larger.:) The price on it is $49.99, and the shrooms are mostly pink with a bit of white.

I can try Sadie.:) I'll be in on Friday, hopefully I'll remember my camera b/c my cell phone cam sucks lol.

LOL if you remember . I am not sure I can afford them now tho :(

Great news- I just acclimated and added a green clown goby to the tank. :) He is sooooooo super adorable. I just love him! I'll get pics when he isn't hiding, lol.

Ugh, bad news. There have been no updates because the green clown goby has yet to come out of hiding.:( I've only seen him one time, and then I apparently scared him so much that he hasn't been out since. I've tried feeding brine shrimp enriched w/ spirulina one time since I got the fish... only because I didn't see him eat and I didn't want to add to the bioload in case he had died. He didn't seem to care about the brine. Is there anything I can do, short of tearing the tank apart (it's small, of course, so not a HUGE deal, but I'd like to avoid irritating my corals if possible)?

Other than the absence of the goby, the tank still looks great BTW.;) The coral looks fantastic imo, but I'd feel a lot better if I could know that the clown goby was eating. I am open to any suggestions, as always!!!:confused:

If you havent seen him I would presume him dead :(
If you have a good clean up crew they would have removed the body in a matter of hours ... I wouldnt bother tearing it apart . How long ago did you get him and how long since you saw him ? If my math is correct it would be 1 week if he died he is gone , check your ammonia and your other perameters .
I just had a thought also check ALL your chambers to see if he is in the back under something , that could be where he got to , also check around the tank to make sure he did not carpet surf....:)

He can't carpet surf, it's a covered Oceanic Biocube. He hid for like 2-3 days and then I saw him, so I know that there are places for him to hide where I cannot see him- hopefully that means he is still alive. I tried feeding the brine again (not because I think it's the best food, but to try to tempt him into coming out and eating) but I didn't see him, still. It's been since last Friday that he's been in the tank.

I'm disappointed. My yellow clown goby in my other tank was out all the time perched on my corals, and I expected similar results from the green by this time.:(

I just tested my water, and everything is looking great.
ammonia= 0
nitrite= 0
nitrate=0
pH= 8.2

I'm assuming that means he is still alive?

Not necessarly , if you did water changes that would have brought the perameters down , also due to his size the clean up crew probably made short work of him. Those little fish can fit in holes that you look at and say huh , check the chambers for any sign of him

I haven't done any water changes since I added the goby. The only CUC I have are 2 nassarius snails and 2 bumblebee snails. My fingers are crossed.:p

Well that is promising however , bumblebee snails are known to be carniverous , But I still think he is perched some where laughing at us trying to figure out where he is . By chance is his name Waldo ? :)

Sorry fishie if your reading this yous gots to show your fins . With a name like Waldo I wouldnt come out either :biglol:

Personal Blog

Private Message

Here's my one-month update...... sort of, since the tank has been running in various forms since April 07. Unfortunately, my green clown goby is nowhere to be found, but since my ammo, trites, and trates all test out consistently at 0, I can only hope that he is just in hiding still rather than dead, LOL. My pH stays consistent at 8.1, which surprises me given that this tank has a closed top, but of course it is a pleasant surprise.

So, finally, here are some update pics.

rhodactis shrooms
img_846593_0_9c70da7349dba953c73c20da500c9173.jpg

frogspawn (it's mad b/c I cleaned the glass, haha)
img_846593_1_709b45665a071085571df22b0a58e8ca.jpg

red discosoma w/ blue spots, and zoo's
img_846593_2_c1f52a9af5094ab8038bd42ecf1e56ba.jpg

green finger leather (I'm going to move this, I'm unsatisfied w/ the placement)
img_846593_3_c3d37c5a1e2b858345016b2d47c3403c.jpg

devil's hand leather
img_846593_4_658dabac2b3a88796203d12c3d5e6263.jpg

yummy coralline growth (bottom middle rock, compare to old pics to see what I mean
smile.gif
)
img_846593_6_5864e59bf387f041e90a4f492b1e63b9.jpg

and FINALLY... the fts
img_846593_7_b401857578c82d953f27215fbc663310.jpg

As always, any opinions are most welcome.

Back
Top Bottom