Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
***JUST AN UPDATE*** My mandarin goby is still alive "appears" to be eating, but it's really not getting enough. It's getting thinner every week. I just got my royal gramma back after it jumped into the powerhead area in the back of the tank. The way I got it out is by placing my hand in the back and forcing it to jump back into the tank. Everthing else is thriving nicely. Just got 3 turbo snails to suck up the algae.

Mandarins and Scooter Blennies should be house in tanks with a lot of LR and a fuge. They should not be placed in a tank that is less then a year old.

DJLiquid: as a temporary solution to those of you who already have a mandarin, and can't yet find an lfs or friend with a more established tank to take it to, you can order live pods overnight on ebay, and liveaquaria.com This way you can take the time to find an lfs who will take it off your hands, and allow it to thrive.
This is not meant to be a suggestion for anyone to get a mandarin if your tank does not suit its needs. (That was not directed at anyone in particular, but a general statement to all, including myself)
I get them for my diamond back goby. He loves picking them off the rocks, and I am starting to have a great pod population with the live rock rubble and sponges in my chambers, along with the live rock and chaeto in my tank.

Excellent suggestion. By buying live pods you will help increase your population. The mandarin is a tough fish to keep I have had 2 and both did not make it. I have a large refugium and a ton of LR. They are just tough fish.

Panza: When I first got my 14gal biocube, I desperately wanted a mandarin. When I posted that on this site, I felt like the whole site just exploded at me. At first I was a pretty turned off-wondering what the big deal was, and why everyone seemed so angry about it. Over time (my tank hasn't been up much longer than yours), I realized that the people here are just looking out for the best interest of, firstly: the fish, and secondly: our pocketbooks. Lord knows, I have made mistakes with my tank (if you read my threads, you'll see my losses with various corals), but thanks to the advice here, I haven't lost any fish, and I am well on my way to knowing what corals I am ready to keep and not ready to keep. I am also looking foward to setting up a 90-125 gal around christmas, so I can expand my livestock with steadier parameters.

Ziggy: Thanks! I knew I'd say something smart sometime! :D

Originally Posted by roka64
Hmm, if someone kept posting about the same issues and not listening, wouldn't you get annoyed!?!?!?

True, it sounds like a case of YEBS to me (Young Eager Beginners Syndrome) :D

Back
Top Bottom