Orbit Marine Led intensity ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefAlley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i have a Orbit Marine Led on a shallow 25 gal thank i have LPS and Soft corals i am currently runing 50% whites and 70% blues my reef tank is only 12 inches high should i ramp up the intensity more ?? i only ask cause im scare to burn the corals . Please orbit Marine owners give some advice !

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Where in the tank are the corals? Are they all about 12" down or some up higher?

I am a new owner of an orbit marine in my biocube. I started off (from my PCs) at 50% white/70% blue and have since increased to 60/80. I plan to go to 75 or 80/100.

From my research into the light, it's not that powerful. Not going to say it can't hurt your coral but so long as you gradually increase it/acclimate it, I imagine it would be hard to hurt your corals with this light.

If anything, I would be careful with your light cycle. The preprogrammed ones come with a rather long cycle if you include the 4 hrs of moonlight. it's 14-16 hrs of actinic. I am starting at 11 hrs total light and will gradually work up to that 14.

I have the orbit over a 40b which is also pretty shallow. Most of my corals like it at ful intensity but SPS and higher light needing corals wont do well. My LPS is struggling now too, not sure what thats all about. lol my leather is doing awesome...but my mushrooms bleached so you can put them too high.
I started at the coral acclimation setting and moved my way up over several weeks. I would suggest you do the same.

Oh ok !! thank you carey and exmasonite for your advice .. i will ramp it up slowly any ways this is a temporary light fixture cause im waiting for the Ai Prime LED to be out for sale so im planing to buy two fixtures . All my LPS are doing OK except for my candy cane . zoas and mushrooms are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom