Par38 screw in bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrob57

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed that a couple of threads people have used the par 38 screw in bulbs over pico reefs with great success I would love to do this. But while sitting in my livingroom I looked over at some track light g I have with three screw in bulbs and thought that that would be perfect to run over my 20L. My question would this application work? Would I need 2 or three bulbs I was thinking two 1 foot apart centered and run some stunner strips or PC/t5 bulbs to make light even across the tank and give areas Os high to low light allowing all types of coral.

I use a PAR38 over my pico and one over my refugium in my 125g. While you have to have it placed a decent distance above the water, I think from the ceiling is asking too much of it. lol

How big is your tank?

carey said:
I use a PAR38 over my pico and one over my refugium in my 125g. While you have to have it placed a decent distance above the water, I think from the ceiling is asking too much of it. lol

How big is your tank?

It would be for a 20 Long I was not thinking about leaving the strip on the ceiling but suspending it 10-12" above the tank

Juts be sure it can hold the weight then, each bulb i have is over a lb so three would be 3 lbs in addition tot he light/ :)

let us know if you go ahead with this project, it'd be interesting to see if it works out.

Well just talked with the realtor and we will be selling our house soon so I don't get to build the tank for atleast a few months but good news is when I do get to build it I will not be having to move it Right away.

Back
Top Bottom