Phosphate reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone, So quick update/question... On wednsday im purchasing a hydor slim skim nano for my 20h reef. Very easy corals in it. Nothing too spectacular. Noticing a minor phosphate problem. Now, i would like to get my skimmer running FIRST. And i actually found an old phosban reactor 150 lying around my storage. I understand this is probably a big reactor for a 20g. But assuming any contribution i can make to the tank will help, im considering adding the reactor to the tank granted it doesnt leak lol Now my questions are for one, can i use a different media other than a phosphate Remover if i wanted to (ie bio reactor or nitrate remover). And also my second question being should i even add the reactor in the forst place? It seems to be kinda large but im not worried about it looking unsightly or anything just want to make sure its not going to hurt my tank in any way shape or form So ideally i would like my end result going from a 20g nano reef with no skimmer, no reactor and just a BIG aquaclear 70 and a small powerhead (frequent water changes done currently with this setup). To a 20g nano reef with a nice hydor slim skim (read crazy good reviews). And my Phosphate reactor either with a phosphate removing media inside OR a different media to benefit me in any way possible. And hopefully be able to cut down on waterchanges by doing this. To be clear i will still do waterchanges but dont want to have to do them every single Week.. Id be happy With once a month. Thanks for your input everyone Happy sunday!!

Also (edit)
Before i forget to ask lol
Can the phosban reactor hang on the back (externally) or does it have to be sumberged? Ive never used this particular
One
Thank you guys so much!

Back
Top Bottom