Photo of my Nano....Any visual suggestions!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is a "nano"? Does it refer to the size of the tank? or is it a specific shape or brand? Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Whatever a nano is, yours is looking nice. I wish I could afford a saltwater setup.

It's just the model. It's called a Nano Cube. Mine is 12 g. I think it would be a great tank to start with. Very affordable. Its just over 100 dollars and has the filter built in. I also believe they are making a 20 or 25 gallon. Look into it :wink:

What is a "nano"?
A "nano" is the term used for a very small SW tank. Ussually less then 30gal. Where are at in SD? I lived in Sioux Falls and Brookings for a time.

you could put the heater in the filter area. I think it is in the back right of the tank. Just takes it out of site.

Jim

you could put the heater in the filter area. I think it is in the back right of the tank. Just takes it out of site.
Good point. I keep mine in the filter area by the pump.

I added LR rubble to the back for added filtration. Thanks to Lando!
It doesn't ruin the aesthetics of the tank and you get added natural filtration.

Looks great! :D

What is this adding LR rubble to the filtration area? What does it do??

Also, when can i start getting snails and such? Inverts?

What is this adding LR rubble to the filtration area? What does it do??
By removing the sponges, bioballs and ceramic rings that came with the nano cube and filling the compartments up with LR rubble, YOu will be boosting your biological filtering. Lr rubble is just a better filter media instead of the stuff they send with the nanos. JBJ even states that for SW tanks (particualrily reefs) the bioballs and ceramic rings should not be used. They have a tendecy to produce nitrates.
Also, when can i start getting snails and such? Inverts?
How old is it and what are your water parameters?

Thats awesome!!! The sponges are very grody right now anyways! Where can i get this LR rubble? And i just put it in the bottom where the spoonges and stuff are?

My tank is maybe 3 weeks to a month old. Parameters...Nitrites-0 Nitrates-40 Ammonia-0 ppm-180 pH between 8 and 8.4

Hey, nice setup! Is that an Eclipse Six? I'm running an Eclipse Six nano-reef and it is doing very well. I do one gallon water changes with store-bought water once a week and that is about it. I have never had a single problem with it.

A couple things I did was to take the bio-wheel out and run it Berlin style. One option is to buy a small Lee's Protein Skimmer because it sits inside of the tank. I have too much live rock to run the one I bought though.

Have at least 2 small PHs running. It's better than one big one.

Good luck with your nano-reef. They are fun and relatively cheap.

Jimmy

Back
Top Bottom