Pico - 3gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stepho725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was offered a 3 gal pico setup for $40 on CL. I'm seriously considering buying it and I understand it would require daily maintenence which I'd be happy to do.
Wondering what type of invert I could put in? Definitely would like to do a soft coral if possible. It comes with compact flourescents.
Awaiting pics from the seller.

Peppermint, cleaner, or sexy shrimp, hermits and snails, and soft corals such as zoas, mushrooms, or clove polyps would be good corals

I was offered a 3 gal pico setup for $40 on CL. I'm seriously considering buying it and I understand it would require daily maintenence which I'd be happy to do.
Wondering what type of invert I could put in? Definitely would like to do a soft coral if possible. It comes with compact flourescents.
Awaiting pics from the seller.

And a neon goby:)

And a neon goby:)

Cool...I saw some forums recommending a goby of some sort but we will see. I think I would rather just do inverts though...idk maybe eventually a clown goby?
I was looking at Pom Pom crabs. They are pretty cool looking but I think not so reef safe?

Do a maxi mini carpet anemone and sexy shrimp. The anemone will host sexy shrimp. Once the maxi finds a location it likes it will stay there and not move. It also doesn't have a powerful sting like other nems so it won't kill off other corals. They also come in amazing colors

Do a maxi mini carpet anemone and sexy shrimp. The anemone will host sexy shrimp. Once the maxi finds a location it likes it will stay there and not move. It also doesn't have a powerful sting like other nems so it won't kill off other corals. They also come in amazing colors

That's a cool idea. I could potentially do that. I'm still waiting for this guy to send me pictures. We spoke on the phone about 2 hrs ago and he told me the setup is the tank, a canister filter (rly? They have canisters for 3gals?) A mini heater, compact florescent light and 3lbs of live rock. And he doesnt need it anymore cuz he ended up getting a 150gal shark tank...I thought it was pretty good for $40....right?
Wouldn't an anemone require better lighting though?

I have 8 maxi minis in my biocube 29 with the stock CF lights. They don't require loads of lighting to survive. I also feed them shrimp every few days to help them grow.

Lol I've felt with flaky people on CL before. Have one guy I but corals from and he always backs out on times to meet and buy. Sooooo annoying. I have been trying to get a few things off him for over a month now :/

Lol I've felt with flaky people on CL before. Have one guy I but corals from and he always backs out on times to meet and buy. Sooooo annoying. I have been trying to get a few things off him for over a month now :/

Yeah - this guy never got back to me! Grrr rather annoying!

Back
Top Bottom