Pico reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have a pico reef tank? Could you tell me about your lighting and filter?
Im interested in this idea but I would know what the wattage and things are needed .-.
I wanna keep it cheap. (so like under 50 bucks for lighting)

I kept a 4g pico, it was a great little tank. :)

I bought a rimless finnex kit that came with everything for like $60 I think. I just searched for it at finnex.net and they don't seem to be selling it anymore. But anyways, you can use a small hangon back filter and a tiny heater. I bought a par38 bulb for like $80 (cheaper now) and put it in a regular desk lamp.

here are some pictures of mine

img_1997509_0_a53da52e23a0201fdfd3dd80fcb89128.jpg

img_1997509_1_8251a86c6ea9eb28a4fb3ca86cca81a8.jpg

img_1997509_2_3ce625e5bb0b156bd0c909f4533b0b2f.jpg

Can someone explain what a pico reef is? I've heard of them. Are they hard? Desktop kind of tanks? Something maybe for the chiefs office? :)

Do you need all that is required for a regular SW tank? You can PM me or link something.

Sorry OP for going off a bit.

I consider a pico anything under like 10g. Its a bit more difficult to keep one since there is so little water. You have to top off daily and keep everything just right. :)

You also run out of room real quick in such a tiny tank plus you really shouldnt keep more than a single fish like a clown goby in one.

If you are new to SW and want a pico it's best to just get a tank with fish only with live rock or FOWLR. You can make it look awesome too buy using fake coral inserts. It's much easier to care for.

carey said:
I kept a 4g pico, it was a great little tank. :)

I bought a rimless finnex kit that came with everything for like $60 I think. I just searched for it at finnex.net and they don't seem to be selling it anymore. But anyways, you can use a small hangon back filter and a tiny heater. I bought a par38 bulb for like $80 (cheaper now) and put it in a regular desk lamp.

here are some pictures of mine

I love that tank.
Looks better than my biocube >.<

I'm thinking about a tank like that. I found one from jbj that I think would be cool to try.
Thanks for sharing :D

Back
Top Bottom