Pom pom crab - new inhabitant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Pom Pom Crab I ordered from the LFS arrived yesterday -- very cool! My only concern is that I haven't seen him since I put him in the tank (3g reef.)

I was wondering if this is typical. Do they usually hide dry often, or is it just transport shock? Thanks!

Just give him a bit. Mine was super shy when he was first put in but got bolder and bolder :). Nice looking little guy

Yeah IME they'll hide for a month or 2 coming out mostly after the lights are out. But as they become comfortable and realize there's no predators they'll come out

Thanks Bribo and Red, I'm very happy to confirm what I predicted - that they will become less shy as they realize there are no predators (and just become more accustomed.)

Such an interesting creature! I still can't believe the anemones, I wonder how the relationship came to be...

Thanks Bribo and Red, I'm very happy to confirm what I predicted - that they will become less shy as they realize there are no predators (and just become more accustomed.)

Such an interesting creature! I still can't believe the anemones, I wonder how the relationship came to be...

Cool! I got one too!

Dingus u think you might be able to post a pic of the whole tank I saw the pic of the Pom Pom and I am glad you did I'm gonna put that on my list of potential inhabitants for 24g jbj that is to come

FTS 5/18/2014 :)

Pom pom crabs are my favorite inverts, along with sexy shrimp.

I'm not sure what corals this is my first sw tank and so I am doing as much research as possible before I get started but I know what I want as inhabitants I want to put a clown, Pom Pom crab, harlequin shrimp and a goby. Possibly a second clown but not sure about that I totally open to any suggestions

I'm not sure what corals this is my first sw tank and so I am doing as much research as possible before I get started but I know what I want as inhabitants I want to put a clown, Pom Pom crab, harlequin shrimp and a goby. Possibly a second clown but not sure about that I totally open to any suggestions

Cool! This is my first tank as well. You could do another clown, or maybe a royal gramma or something similarly colorful (I admit I don't know too many SW fish, I'm more of a coral guy :)

Cool! This is my first tank as well. You could do another clown, or maybe a royal gramma or something similarly colorful (I admit I don't know too many SW fish, I'm more of a coral guy :)

I'm a coral guy too but royal grammas are fantastic!

Well good I am really having a hard time with getting a grasp of the coral like how close they can b put together how to keep them under control once they start growing ect.....

Wow so the corals grow pretty fast

Yeah, at least some of them do. Some of them were pretty good sized when I got them, but everything had grown. The softies grow faster than the lps, and the lps grow faster than the sps, in general. The Xenia - the one in the center that's pink with tons of little "hands" - has grown a ton, it has at least tripled or quadrupled in size.

Back
Top Bottom