Power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got notice that the electronic company is going to turn off the electric next friday fo 4 hours. That means no power to my aquarium. What should I do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can grab a UPS from Best Buy that can power a powerhead for that length of time, to keep the flow going. If you need to keep the tank temp up, heaters drain UPS batteries super quick. While imprecise, I heat bottled water on the stove (gas stove), and float it in the flow.

If you have a big tank, a generator is the way to go.

Would a battery operated air pump with an air stone work? My tank is 18 gallon s

2 smash clownfish, 1 dottyback, 1 skink shrimp ana a clean up crew. I've been thinking about this an I think I will give the UPS battery a try.

Just grab some cheap minnow pumps. Battery operated. It'll be a quick fix to this issue. In my reef, I've gone through similar length outages without notice by just making sure I stirred the water here and then since I was home at the time.

I'm prepared I just picked up a battery operated air pump ( top fin ). Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom