Problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This happened to me a few weeks ago. Somebody recommended I wrap my tanks in blankets. I'd also give the water a good stir every hour or so.

Just make sure if you do any maintenence to the system to make sure none of the gunk gets back into the dt. When I ran hob filters I would take the whole unit off so the buildup from behind the filter didn't go flowing back into the tank.

It was out for about 2 hours it got really
Nasty, And i have an overflow so that wasnt a problem. Did a 50% water change and cleaned all filter media. Better safe than sorry powers back on and everyone looks happy

christine2012 said:
This happened to me a few weeks ago. Somebody recommended I wrap my tanks in blankets. I'd also give the water a good stir every hour or so.

Sorry for 2 posts.. But what
Purpose do the blankets serve? If thats for keeping it warm i have zero problems with or without electricity lol

Jacobsal91 said:
Sorry for 2 posts.. But what
Purpose do the blankets serve? If thats for keeping it warm i have zero problems with or without electricity lol

Yeah, just as insulation. But I keep my house ice cold, so my temp can drop pretty fast.

christine2012 said:
Yeah, just as insulation. But I keep my house ice cold, so my temp can drop pretty fast.

Lucky you, i have the complete opposite problem, i have a desk fan in front of the tank i turn it on and off several times a day to maintain 78 degrees.. Actually works wonders i was quite surprised.

Back
Top Bottom