pump chamber in biocube level keeps lowering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prinzessin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 29 gallon Oceanic BioCube and in the 3rd chamber where the pump is the water level keeps going down every few days I have to fill it up or it will pump out micro bubbles, anyone else experience this? It didnt do this in my 14 gallon oceanic biocube. The water level in the tank doesn't lower or anything just the 3rd chamber. :confused:

Thanks

but the water level in the tank never drops, iv got it measured yet the third chamber loses 4 cups in 3 days. I've chcked for leaks and everyting

Water in the main will never show the show the evaporation first. It always shows in the sump, fuge, or in that chamber you refer too. It's pumping from the chamber into the tank, so the tank will be the second thing to show evap after that chamber is empty.

I hope you are filling it with fresh RO water.. not saltwater...
evaporation leaves the salt behind.. adding salt water will raise the salinity.

Just keep filling it until it is at max. Once the level is stable, you should only have to top off from evarporation. Let me know how that works. Mine did this at first but I worked it out.

I had this same problem with my 12g JBJ Nano when I first started it. I finally realized the water wasn't being pulled into the pump fast enough. I took off the piece that goes over to the filter to make the water fall into the filter and that fixed everything.

My hubby also had the same problem with his solana 34g when the filter floss getts clogged up that covers the filter flow it dropps the water level in the last two chambers. Make sure there is nothing clogged!

Just an idea.

Yeah, I agree with evaporation and dirty filters (I have a 29G Biocube)
Oddly enough it doesn't seem to drop as much since i swapped out my bioballs for chunks of LR.

Back
Top Bottom