Put my 1st fish! Temporary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question! When I first started this tank it was about 3 and half weeks ago. I got my water from my friend (DI) and I had about 10lbs at the time. Something happened with my friend that he need the containers ASAP so I had no time to mix my water with the salt and I just quickly put in the water with no salt. After that I no time put in the salt for like a week because I went away. I put more rock in and I start to put in the salt and got my salinity to 1.023-1.024 and that was it. The question is during that time there was no salt, was it going through the cycle?

Yes die off on the rock, dead shrimp, rag worms and a couple of crabs

Then yes, you should have been still in the cycling process. When was the last time you checked your parameters?

3 days ago but I'm testing it today.

Parameters:
1/30/13
pH: 8.0
Ammonia: 0
Phosphate: (.45)
Nitrate: (.8)
Nitrite: 0
Alkalinity: 8.4
Calcium: 440
Salinity: 1.023

Trites and ammonia are spot on. Post the results of todays tests, looks like your cycle is complete. Anyone see something I'm missing? Everything looks good. I'd bump the salinity up to 1.025 with a pwc is all.

2/2/13
pH: 8.1
Ammonia: 0
Phosphate: (.45)
Nitrate: .8
Nitrite: 0
Alkalinity: 8.4
Calcium: 440
Salinity: 1.023

Looks like your cycle is completed. Next water change I would try to get the salinity up a couple points.

Sounds good! Ill update on the salinity! Thank you for everything!

There are 4 10w. 2 white and 2 blue. It's only 50% powered. Before me made it we put it to 100% it was blinding!

Back
Top Bottom