Put my 1st fish! Temporary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only problem is that I try to feed him mysis shrimp (he didn't eat it) and I try to feed him raw shrimp (he didn't eat it) I read a lot about people who did garlic diet.

He's lovely!

If you just added him to your tank I wouldn't worry about him not eating just yet. It'll take him time to settle in.

I don't think I even offered my clowns food for maybe two days after I added them. When I first did they ate it right up though.

I do use Garlic Guard for some foods that are for fish that are a little more picky. Garlic Guard is what got my blenny to start eating the algae sheets.

I'm really curious and impatient because I want it so badly. Can a giant clam survive during the cycle and when the tank spikes? If its too risk I won't do it. I just serious love giant clams! And I heard and read that that they are hardy.

Nope won't make it. They are not hardy at all. Very sensitive to fluctuations in the water. I think they require a mature tank. I won't even try one and my tank is ten months old.

Where do you get this garlic guard? I just recently got a blenny and he won't eat the frozen brine shrimp I feed the other fish.

Yes! I actually had this Maroon clown for a while he helped cycle my old tank by pooping which spikes my ammonia and my nitrate and also cycled my brother's tank. It's not the greatest way because I'm taking a risk of losing my clown but he's being doing amazing!

If this ever happens again you should research fishless cycling. It's much better than torturing a fish, possibly to death.

Yeah I know! I got tricked into buying this fish because I was new to all of this but I've been reading like crazy and the fishless is the best way to do that but I dont know why this fish is doing amazing!

He is a beautiful fish that is very strong and hardy. Every time you use him to cycle a tank it shortens his lifespan. He deserves a stable home for the rest of his life, his work is done.

Back
Top Bottom