Red slime/ algae outbreak help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck. I'm not sure how the lack of lighting will affect the bacteria. Never thought of that. Let us know how it turns out

Update: So I went to my LFS and they were all out of chemipure elite, so instead went with the killing the lights idea. It worked. 3 days of no light and using a turkey baster to blow off the rock work once a day and all the cyano bacteria is gone. Noted that I only am running my moonlight led's right now to slowly transition my tank back to where I can turn my 70w MH back on. Still going to get the chemipure though to help prevent further outbreaks down the road.

Interesting how the lack of light would affect bacteria. Hmmm. Anyway, it won't hurt to use ChemiPure. The only thing I noticed when I first added this media was that my Coraline algae suffered a little. Some minor bleaching occurred. Could have been a coincidence. It's rebounding now. Let me know if u get similar results. Other than that, my tank seems to b more stable since I've started using it. I rinse out the media bag every couple weeks. Not sure where I read about doing that but u can c the crap rinsing out. So I think it's a good idea. Later!

Thanks for the tip. Ill keep everyone posted as far as what happens when I add the chemipure and if any of my parameters change. And Ill note my 3 different colors of coraline algae and if I see any die off.

Back
Top Bottom