Reef Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchkin041804

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently bought 2 reef crabs for my Pico tank. It has been almost two weeks and they still have not come out from under my live rock. Are they this shy? I have some bubble algae I was hoping they would eat, but they haven't touched it. I know they are not dead, since they moved further under the rock when I did my last water change.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394904549840.jpg
    1394904549840.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 107
I recently bought 2 reef crabs for my Pico tank. It has been almost two weeks and they still have not come out from under my live rock. Are they this shy? I have some bubble algae I was hoping they would eat, but they haven't touched it. I know they are not dead, since they moved further under the rock when I did my last water change.

Some varieties are nocturnal or naturally hiders. What species are we talking about exactly?

I believe they are the same family as emerald crabs, Mithraculus

Did some research, and apparently these guys hide most of the time, but they really help with gha. Cool crab!

@ PrettyFish- that it's so funny!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the input. One of mine has started to come out more. I believe the other has died. I have some bristle worms that were hitchhikers on my live rock, and I think they killed the poor thing. Im going to make a trap Wednesday and catch those suckers!

Mine is finally coming out! Usually in the morning. I really love it, it brings some color to the tank!

Attachments

• 1396457942879.jpg
    1396457942879.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 68
Lol I love their eyes (I just had to make a picture of them :) )

{} {}
\\ //
_\\__//__-----\\
====== \--\\ \\
_\||/_\||/ // || ||
// // //
>=/ V V

Back
Top Bottom