Rotten egg smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea it smells like surfer! And I have a sand bed. Does it need to be removed?

Yea it smells like surfer! And I have a sand bed. Does it need to be removed?
How long have you had it? Probably is because it's dying. Using carbon filtration might help, not sure how to fully remove the sulfur though.

The sand bed is very shallow and the tank is a pico .

Not cycling it's been up for 4 months and smell started about 3 weeks ago and has got progressively worse. It has a carbon filter that is changed every couple days. I did an aggressive water change last week thinking something died but found nothing. The sand just reeks. Ammonia and other levels look great and fish seem happy

lighting is LED both White and Actinic. Somedays both are on but I rotate them. Corals look great everything seems healthy it just stinks!

What is the recommendation? Water changes recycling? Starting a new sand bed?

So it was recommended I add Bativ8 a 1/2 cap everyday for 10 days with small water exchanges in between. This is day 5 and the smell is getting better but it still jabs that funk going on. Again, all critters seem unaffected. I also added a small clump of chaeto algae so we shall see.,( or in my case smell) how it goes

Back
Top Bottom