Sad week, but new 15 gallon column build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep ro/di...... Ido not have a test kit, but had it tested at the LFS over the weekend and all was great..... I'm starting to wonder if it is bryopsis, and not hair algae..... I have not had to deal with either before, but it just started poping up after adding a few new frags......

Not sure but the treatment is pretty much the same. Your system has excess nutrients, when ever I get an algae outbreak I do several large % wc's (3-4 in a week of 50-60%), reduce feeding both amount and frequency, and I usually will start running some phosphate reducing media and some CPE or purigen in stead of my regular brs carbon

Not sure but the treatment is pretty much the same. Your system has excess nutrients, when ever I get an algae outbreak I do several large % wc's (3-4 in a week of 50-60%), reduce feeding both amount and frequency, and I usually will start running some phosphate reducing media and some CPE or purigen in stead of my regular brs carbon

+1. That's what I would do.

Ok good!! Even though that sounds bad to say, I'm really afraid of bryopsis..... I was told it would never go away once it is introduced.......

Today's update sucks..... I'm without power due to some ice the fell during the night, and the power company says at least 24 hours..... I'm now floating hot water bottles in ziplock bags and running a small battery operated air pump...... Here's hoping that they will get the fallen tree off our power lines and the power back on!!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394215042.933762.jpgthis is the tree causing my outage!!!

Wow that's awful. Hope it gets back on soon. In the meantime you can wrap a blanket around the tank to help insulate a little. You can also warm up tank water on the stove (assuming gas and that you still have gas). Good luck

I do have gas, but it only runs a boiler for heat......but unfortunately that doesn't work without the electric blowers to get the heat I to the house!! The tree is now moved off the road and power Company has been out, but won't give an idea of a time frame other than "hopefully in the next 48 hours"....... What is the lowest temp i should allow it to get? I normally keep it around 78..... Right now even with hot water bottles I'm at 71

No..... Nothing works at all..... I have hot tap water, but with copper pipes that water is out of the question

Drain out tank water into a bucket and fill up your sink with as got of water as it will go and let the tank water in the bucket sit in there for 5-10 minutes and it will heat up to temp and dump it back in

For when this is over kent tech m will kill the briopsis for you. But one problem at a time

Now we hear it may be days before the power is back on..... And I no longer have hot tap water either...... Tank is now at 68 degrees so I have wrapped in in thick blankets and hope to ride out the night and do something different tomorrow...... This really sucks

Me too..... I may try to bag all I can and take them and float in my brothers tank, or I may put all in a bucket and move to my moms house..... There is nothing else I can do tonight... :(

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394285711.685493.jpgthis is what I want to see today!!! Guy says we should hopefully have power by the end of the day!!! Tank went down to 63 overnight, so I'm trying to raise it back up with floating gallon jugs of hot water

Yay yay yay!!!!! Power came back on this afternoon, just as the tank temp hit 61 degrees..... After about 2 hours temp was back to normal and almost all corals had opened back up!!! So far it seems all I lost was the fire fish:( , but I know one thing- I will be looking into a generator ASAP!!! I don't want this stress again!!!!!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394333749.214170.jpg

I have the same tank but my sand bed is really dirty. Am I overfeeding or do I need a stronger filter? Its an aqueon hob. I do a 20% wc every week but sometimes it will be every other. Do you guys have tips? Thanks.

I am now only changing 2 1/2 gallons weekly.... I run a fluval canister..... And clean it weekly!! What is on the sand? Algae? Poop?

Back
Top Bottom