Scooter blenny feeding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got some zoas today and a scooter blenny. The zoas haven't opened up yet but I've heard it can take a while.
I know the scooter blenny feeds off algae but my tank is pretty clean, and I know you can feed him frozen mysis or bryne shrimp, I'm just wondering how often?
If anyone has one any advice would be great

Scooter blennys are members of the dragonet family and from what I know they don't eat algae, well mine doesn't anyway, they eat live pods. so most people recommend they go in established tanks. I have heard people training them to eat other foods but I could never get mine to do that...

Scooter blennys are members of the dragonet family and from what I know they don't eat algae, well mine doesn't anyway, they eat live pods. so most people recommend they go in established tanks. I have heard people training them to eat other foods but I could never get mine to do that...

+1

Scooters are micro predators. They eat very small live animals. You may have to get some pods to seed your tank if you don't already have a decent population (which they can wipe out pretty easily). Some peopl ehave trained theirs to accept frozen foods as a substitute, but success seems to largely be a matter of luck from what I've read.

What? I have to take it back, it's a ten gallon tank! The guy at my LFS said they were same care as lawnmower blenny. I got him so he would eat algae in my tank, I can't keep him

It's always best to research fish before adding them to any tank. Some of the best advice I have gotten on this forum. Don't always trust the LFS they are there to make money. :)

Back
Top Bottom