Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottayy said:
It's okay. I like it now that it's all fixed up.

My water's cloudy.. I guess it's from the cycle with the rotting silversides.. but here's a couple pics.

Looking good!! I love the rocks in there. The moonlights look great too! The cycle could be making it cloudy. My tank was cloudy until I put live rock in it. Then it cleared right up.

Thanks :) I love the pump in here.. 98 gph. Won't even use a separate pump.

Looking for lighting suggestions. Looking for between 12-18w of blue and white leds.. maybe some purple's too.

Hard to find nano lights and I don't like the look of the bulb style lights.

scottayy said:
Looking for lighting suggestions. Looking for between 12-18w of blue and white leds.. maybe some purple's too.

Hard to find nano lights and I don't like the look of the bulb style lights.

There is a clip on one on aquatraders.com I was going to buy that then order a cheap purple and blue led strip from EBay. Or you can find DIY led kits for nano tanks.

Tell me about it! I looked and looked. You remember. Lol! It's hard to find a light that isn't a bulb that is small enough for a pico tank. I went with the par38 bulb. Here's a picture of what mine looks like.

Attachments

• image-2646184338.jpg
    image-2646184338.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 254
I'll keep looking. I guess that bulb doesn't look too bad. I might also try a DIY nano led kit.

Guys I decided to add fish already. This is fred and half of ted, my super cycling buddies! The other half of ted went to my brain coral last thursday.

img_2112560_0_396c14b0b62714f2ef9b440735d049c9.jpg

Added a big ol piece of live rock from my 55 in there. This should help speed up the cycle!

img_2113140_0_22827744204c52c84f211b82899b971c.jpg

Water's cleared up a little bit.

I emailed aqueon about the light fixture that came with the tank. They said since I had so much troubles with my tank they'd send me another one for free. I inquired about purchasing one separately and the specs so I could run two. But the entire fixture is only 2 watts.

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the par38 bulb.

Following so I can do one myself soon. I'm probably going to totally copy you to start.

Maybe not.. I just read reviews on it (probably should've done that before I bought it!!). A lot of people are saying the LEDs go out quickly. Maybe I'll be a lucky one and have no problems.

scottayy said:
Maybe not.. I just read reviews on it (probably should've done that before I bought it!!). A lot of people are saying the LEDs go out quickly. Maybe I'll be a lucky one and have no problems.

Sure hope so! Never good wasting money.

Back
Top Bottom