Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm starting a pico reef build for my desktop. Ordered the Aqueon Evolve 4. I've got everything I need (just have to find it in my boxes of fish stuff!). Tank hasn't shipped yet but I wanted to make this thread because I'm excited and give you plenty of time to follow along if you want to.

Thanks for following along if you decide to. :) :popcorn:

Ah, yeah! Huffers!! Huffers is responsible for my choice of the Aqueon Evolve 4, and bearchumjs is responsible for my inspiration for a pico desktop build.

Thanks to those two a lot!!

For initial setup and cycling yes. During that time I'll be searching for a new one or a supplement one.

You ought to try that stock light out first before you replace it unless you just want something better - and believe me you can def do better. With that being said the light included in the 8 gallon version grew my mushrooms and zoas just fine.

I'm here! I am SO excited to see this build! Are you going to get a clown goby? What all are you planning on stocking it with? I love my emerald crab. He is so cool. I like him so much I may not even get an adorable little Pom Pom crab.

Thanks, glad to see you here!!
I have no idea yet. I want to save the fun stuff for while i'm cycling lol.

scottayy said:
Thanks, glad to see you here!!
I have no idea yet. I want to save the fun stuff for while i'm cycling lol.

That makes sense. Then you can look and picture things in it.

haha do it Nu-Nu!

Tank just shipped last night and should be here on the 12th. Hopefully a little bit sooner. Crazy we're on the second page and I don't have the tank yet. Should've waited lol.

Confusing. It's here but it's in transit but it's not expected until the 11th :| Have no idea what to expect lol.

20qdic4.jpg

Hope so. But this is saturday, no deliveries on sunday. I'll keep my mindset that it'll be here on the 11th so I don't get disappointed lol.

Hopefully tomorrow (well today, after I sleep, since i'm a late nighter!). I gotta gather up all of my stuff which should be fun (not!). But it will be fun not to have to put any $ out on equipment.

It sure is. It is here. Will probably set it up tonight but I'll take some pics before i do.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I'm so excited to see it!

Seriously so excited I feel like it was me who got a tank in the mail.... LOL!

Back
Top Bottom