Seahorse in a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swjunkie

Aquarium Advice Freak
My daughter wants a seahorse but I am not gonna be able to keep it in my tank would I be able to keep one in a 10g?
Melissa

Depending on the type of seahorse id say at a minimum 30gal aquarium. Also u are going to have to purchase alot of equipment as well as cycle the tank before you are even ready to purchase the sea horse. Also from what i have read they can be difficult to care for but anything can be ;)
HTH

I have heard of guys having a clown or other small fish in them. The thing with saltwater fish is alot are teritorial so in a small tank u should probably only have 1 or 2. But i really am not sure at all im not that good yet i cant even get my sand to stop flaring up grrrr lol

I read that post LOL (not at you with you) We have to have a sense of humor in this hobby. I have read on one of the other posts that someone had put the sand in a zip lock bag with a hole in the corner of the bag. They said they had less of a sand storm that way.
Melissa

Well that might work never thought to tried it. Just got a reply on another forum stating i need LR and that should settle it down :) i sure hope soo. But as for what u can put in a ten gallon check out www.liveaquaria.com and check out the marin fish it will tell you the size of the recommended tank :)

people that are newcomers to the hobby really shouldnt consider seahorses. They are incredibly difficult to maintain. In a tank that small you will constantly have water quality issues because seahorses need to be fed often. Those are just a couple of the reasons but the list goes on and on. Please think long and hard on this before doing it.

Back
Top Bottom