Setup Guide? First time SW tanker!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sump would just make for a cleaner display tank ;) you should get a green spotted puffer and acclimate him to marine conditions .. thats what im doing too .. itl be my second marine tank ;)

sump would just make for a cleaner display tank ;) you should get a green spotted puffer and acclimate him to marine conditions .. thats what im doing too .. itl be my second marine tank ;)

Sump is already listed on my sheet as a project (including protein skimmer)

:) I was already thinking of the GSP, me and my girl had decided we liked that one when we saw him at Exotic Aquatics (LFS)

Well I got the tank, I will be posting a new build when I actually get this started.

----Edit----

I forgot to review Petco!

Petco, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Overall. 4/5 stars on everything but aquatics. Aquatics 1.5/5.

They had a lot of stuff and very friendly environment for air breathing animals, but when it came to fish; disastrous.

I saw a poor dead goldfish, and notified the store attendant. His response 'I know, there is more than just the gold fish, believe me. It's just very hectic right now, we will be getting to them shortly.' To me that is appalling, if my gf notified me of one of my little swimming babies being dead, everything else would be on hold. That shows you money is more important than the product, and when the product is LIVING, that's horrific to hear.

If you have a dog, Petco won't be too bad, it wouldn't be my first recommendation, but it's a decent store for a dog. If you need to buy some new fish, drive the extra 10-15 miles to the LFS.

KreativJustin said:
Sump is already listed on my sheet as a project (including protein skimmer)

:) I was already thinking of the GSP, me and my girl had decided we liked that one when we saw him at Exotic Aquatics (LFS)

Well I got the tank, I will be posting a new build when I actually get this started.

----Edit----

I forgot to review Petco!

Petco, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Overall. 4/5 stars on everything but aquatics. Aquatics 1.5/5.

They had a lot of stuff and very friendly environment for air breathing animals, but when it came to fish; disastrous.

I saw a poor dead goldfish, and notified the store attendant. His response 'I know, there is more than just the gold fish, believe me. It's just very hectic right now, we will be getting to them shortly.' To me that is appalling, if my gf notified me of one of my little swimming babies being dead, everything else would be on hold. That shows you money is more important than the product, and when the product is LIVING, that's horrific to hear.

If you have a dog, Petco won't be too bad, it wouldn't be my first recommendation, but it's a decent store for a dog. If you need to buy some new fish, drive the extra 10-15 miles to the LFS.

+ 1 word for word man!

Ok, new question!!!! You'll get a little story first, so grab some popcorn. :popcorn:

My girlfriend and I have wanting to build a new bed frame, as our current one is just a frame lol. We both share the love of aquariums, so we came up with the idea to place on in our head board!!!

[Top of headboard that will flip up to reveal top of tank ]
[2 level shelve] [awesome fowlr tank] [2 level shelve]
[ bed ]

That will be the basic setup of the bed. I was going to make a sump originally for my GSP fish and Live Rock tank. However, I understand that sumps can be noisy, and that doesn't seem like it will be all that accommodating as we are trying to sleep.

So finally, my question: What is another option (budget: $150 max) to spend on a filter that will be good for my little GSP and will be quiet.

Thanks in advance.:thanks:

You can try an plumb the sump to another room with a powerful pump or you can find a styrofoam box to place the sump an all equipment into with a lid. Sumps usually are only noisy if you use noisy equipment, filters are noisier than a well selected sump if you ask me. But I have a zootech canister filter, it is extremely quiet and works amazingly well for the low price. Look for it at petco or amazon. It's in my bedroom too, about 3 feet from where I sleep and I can't really hear it :)

Back
Top Bottom