Shrimp help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craigj247

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ey guys I have a 10gal nano and it is stocked with 2 Clarkii clowns , a blue damsel , 3 carpet anemone and a star fish.

My tank does under go slight temperature fluctuations but nothing too drastic as my tanks mates are all doing fine.

MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE HARDIEST TYPE OF SHRIMP I CAN INTRODUCE TO MY TANK THAT CAN DEAL WITH TEMP FLUCTUATIONS?

adding a shrimp might not be the best course of action considering that your current bioload is heavy

Well I have an external sump along with a protein skimmer and uv light as well as a chiller too and my readings are all good at the moment...

Craigj247 said:
Well I have an external sump along with a protein skimmer and uv light as well as a chiller too and my readings are all good at the moment...

if you have all that equipment all your missing is a larger tank get looking in cl

Thanks Marquis for the useful advise will start up a bigger tank then... Quick question... I have a 5th fish tank which I might convert into a marine aquarium. Any idea on how-many fish I can put in it?

There are a couple of ways you can do this. One way would be to research the type of creature that you are looking to house and make sure that you can provide for its needs.

The other way is to look at the equipment that you have and see what you can safely provide for.

This forum is a great source for stocking advice. You will want to include the tank size for sure.

Also, your original post indicated that you were having some temp flucuations. Is this perhaps related to the chiller you have set up? Just curious.

When you do get things ready for a shrimp I recommend a skunk cleaner!

Hey Starchar thanks for the help... It will be a 5ft tank that I want to convert... The heat problem is ok now... Will keep you guys updated once the start on the project as I will need some advise in certain areas of the build. Thanks

Hey guys I decided to return my Clarkii clowns and blue damsel... Wanna re stock my tank with your advise... What can I put in here... Mind you I am in Sri Lanka so I do have access to a lot of fish but not imported clowns or firefish which is what I would love to have in my tank... So what do you suggest :)

Starchar said:
What about a Goby?

Goby it is... What else...? Could I put about 3 fish since I gave three fish back... Or could I put two fish and a skunk cleaner?

The smaller the tank the less likely you should house fish which occupy the water column, maybe something that spends most of its time on the sand or on live rocks is a better bet

+1 for the pistol shrimp/goby combo :) loads of fun to watch!

Back
Top Bottom