Shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have two skunk cleaner shrimp in my 12 gallon nano.
(man are these little guys cool)...

I was wondering if I could also add a tiger pistol shrimp? would the shrimp end up fighting?

oh.. and there are currently no fish... there is an emerald crab... nassa snails.. and cerith snails

It all depends on the size of your skunk cleaner shrimp as they can become a meal for the tiger.

I have heard of one rouge pistol shrimp in my 6 years of fishkeeping that attacked other critters. The only way they would fight is if the skunks entered the pistol's hole. I think you'll be alright as long as you ensure the rocks are on the bottom glass. Otherwise that tunnelling pistol will cause rocks to fall.

Get a shrimp goby for your first fish while you're at it. :)

hmmm... okay... my rocks are all well on the bottom.. I set up rocks before I added sand... nice sand bed too. ... over two inches deep at the shallowest part...

how bout a yellow watchman goby?? i've had my eye on one...

can this shrimp form a relationship with a yellow watchman goby???

the tiger pistol shrimp is out of stock....

Caribbean Pistol Shrimp

my yellow watchman goby will have to sit in QT for about 6 weeks...

Yeah, it's possible. The pairing up isn't really selective to one type of pistol shrimp, but you should know that while odds are on your side for the fish and the shrimp to pair up, it is still a hit or miss situation, and they could never form a relationship. Just thought you should know this, so you don't have your heart fully set on the two of them becoming friends. Because it just may never happen.

Yeah, it's possible. The pairing up isn't really selective to one type of pistol shrimp, but you should know that while odds are on your side for the fish and the shrimp to pair up, it is still a hit or miss situation, and they could never form a relationship. Just thought you should know this, so you don't have your heart fully set on the two of them becoming friends. Because it just may never happen.

oh I know. :)
I've read up some on how to best push them to pair up... but I won't be devastated if they don't.. they are both very interesting critters without being buddies. :)

I think it is a small enough tank that I have a good chance, so I have that working for me. lol

I have another question...
will the yellow watchman goby be happy enough in QT if I have NO sand?

Frankly, I've never QT'd gobies, but it you did, he'll be OK with at least a rock to hide under. I had mine in a temp tank w/glass bottom and rocks. He was fine.

I'm wondering if anyone can share any experiences with gobies and ick or etc. I've never heard of one with any issues. It also tells me something when I never see gobies in the fish shops in the copper tanks.

Just wonderin'...

Back
Top Bottom