Shrimp question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Forgive me of this has been asked before. Are all shrimp compatible? I was looking on google and some sites I see a variety of shrimp. What's good shrimp to have in a 29 BC. I see a lot people keep peppermint shrimp. What other shrimp can you have? I love those blood shrimp.

Not doing anything yet just pre planning for when I'm finally gonna start stocking more. Right now just some hermits and snails. Also a hitchhiker crab believed to be an emerald crab. Also I've seen these pretty red crabs at the LFS in tanks, I would like to get one.

Thanks.

All the ones that would do well together are
Peppermint
Cleaner
Fire
Sexy (shrimp:p)
And the peaceful pistol shrimps.

Ones to avoid unless you only want one are
Mean pistol shrimp species!
Coral banded shrimp
Mantis shrimp
Arrow crab (sortof shrimpish)

Just watch the blood shrimp. A lot of the time they stay hidden. I think they are cool looking too, but i've kept them before and rarely saw them. They aren't any good to me if they are always hiding.
I"m a fan of the skunk cleaners.

Convict2161 said:
Thanks for the info. I googled skunk cleaners. Those are cool looking also.

Yup i have one..i like him although for some reason he dislikes my peppermint shrimp, and today was found munching on a hermit!!

Gboy66 said:
Yup i have one..i like him although for some reason he dislikes my peppermint shrimp, and today was found munching on a hermit!!

Oh boy! I guess everything is hit or miss. Something's work in one tank and in another.

Just watch the blood shrimp. A lot of the time they stay hidden. I think they are cool looking too, but i've kept them before and rarely saw them. They aren't any good to me if they are always hiding.
I"m a fan of the skunk cleaners.

+1 to what Doug said. Rarely ever see those red shrimps out and about.

I've found my red or skunks come out a lot when in numbers. Individuals do hide. I've always kept 3 of each (155g tank though) and saw both out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom